-4-

On the morning of Ashton's coronation, the heavy gates to the castle were finally opened. All of Arendelle wanted to celebrate the grand occasion. The streets in front of the castle were crowded with townspeople eager to see the new queen.

To add to the excitement, the fjord was filled with ships from other kingdoms, bringing dignitaries from far away. One by one, important people stepped onto Arendelle's docks.

"Welcome to our humble Arendelle," the royal handler called to the visitors. One of the visiting dignitaries was the Duke of Weselton, a small man with white whiskers. Two huge guards followed close behind him, carrying his luggage.

"Ah, Arendelle, our most mysterious trade partner,0 the Duke said breezily. "Open those gates so I may unlock your success and exploit your riches!"

In the distance, Luke was making his way down a mountain path. Now grown up and strong, he and Sven had become true ice harvester, masters at hauling ice blocks down the mountain. To Luke, the conversation was a perfect opportunity to sell ice to the crowds who filled Arendelle.

"A coronation a hot July day, you know what that means?" He asked Sven, who was harnessed to their rickety ice cart.

The reindeer raised his eyebrows. Sven couldn't talk, but that wasn't a problem for Luke. He often spoke for Sven, changing his voice to sound deeper and more reindeer-y.

"I sure do, Luke," he declared, as Sven. "By noon I'm going to smell like a barrel of rabid skunks."

"Yes, you will," Luke said, talking normally again. He grinned. "But also, people will be needing ice. Lots of ice." He pulled Sven's rope, and the two continued down into the town.

For Harry, the new people and the excitement were a dream come true. For the first time in years, every door in Arendelle was open. No one was shutting him out! He burst through throws busy courtyard in front of the castle and practically skipped into town. People everywhere were getting ready for the coronation. He saw banners, a maypole and flowers—all celebrating his brother, the new king. There were dancing groups, musical bands, and food stalls. Everything looked so interesting.

"I can't wait to meet everyone!" Harry exclaimed out loud. Then he stopped short when a thought occurred to him. "What I meet the one?" Harry knee he wasn't likely to meet someone special, especially since the castle gates would be open for one day only, exactly twenty-four hours. Still, he couldn't help daydreaming just a bit. Today might be his only chance to meet new friends, have new experiences, and maybe, just maybe, find love.

In his room upstairs in the castle, Ashton did not share the happiness that pulsed through the kingdom. He worried about controlling his powers, and hoped he could just get through the ceremony without anyone learning about his magic.

As a test, he slipped off his gloves and picked up a candlestick and a little jar from the table. He concentrated, holding both with his bare hands. "Be the good boy," Ashton whispered to himself. "Make one wrong move and everyone will know . . . ." He was nervous. As he stood there, ice formed on his palms and moved onto the objects, turning them to ice. He hurriedly dropped them and tugged his gloves back on, concealing his hands—and his icy magic.

"It's only for today," Ashton reminded himself. After that, the gates would be closed again and he could go back into hiding.