-6-

The cathedral was packed with people as the coronation ceremony began. An orchestra played and a choir sang while the royal procession walked down the very long center aisle. The bishop led the way, followed by Ashton, looking regal and serious and finally Harry, holding the train of Ashton's cape.

At the alter, Ashton and Harry faced the bishop. Near him lay a sliver platter holding the royal crown, scepter, and orb.

Peeking over his shoulder, Harry spotted the handsome Prince Michael. He sat straight and tall, and a stranger was asleep on his shoulder! Michael waved at Harry, who giggled.

The bishop placed the crown on Ashton's head. Then he turned for the scepter and orb and presented them to Ashton. He reached for the royal items, but the bishop cleared his throat. "Ahem. Your gloves, Your Majesty."

Ashton took a sharp breath. If he took the gloves off, he might accidentally let out his icy magic. He hesitated, growing pale with worry.

Harry took that moment to look away at Michael and smile at him. He couldn't wait to talk to him at the ball!

Ashton slowly removed his gloves and placed them on the satin pillow. With a deep breath, he took the orb and scepter into his hands. He turned to face the crowd.

"As the undoubted king, protector of this domination," the bishop intoned, "keeper of the doctrine and government thereof from this day forward, I present to you His Majesty . . ."

Ashton's eyes widened at the scepter and orb began to freeze in his hands! He tried desperately to control his emotions. He was just so nervous!

". . . King Ashton of Arendelle!" The bishop finished his decree.

The people in the church rose. "King Ashton of Arendelle!" they echoed.

Ashton quickly placed the orb and scepter back on the silver tray and grabbed his gloves. With a sigh of relief, he realized that no one had seen the ice on the orb or the scepter. He smiled at the cheering crowd. He had made it through the ceremony!

Later at the coronation ball, Ashton and Harry stood side by side in a long receiving line at the entrance to the Great Hall. Ashton felt relaxed, almost contest, now that the most difficult part of Coronation Day was over. Festive music filled the air as guests danced across the floor of the lavishly decorated balloon.

"You look handsome," Ashton said to Harry.

"Thank you," Harry said in surprise. A smile spread across his face. His brother had actually spoken to him! "You look handsome-r," Harry replied. Then he realized how strange that had sounded and blurted out an explanation. "Not that you're fuller. No. Just more handsome."

Ashton grinned. "Thank you." Then he looked out a the crowded ballroom. "So this is what a party looks like?"

Harry nodded. "It's warmer than I thought."

"All the people, I guess," Ashton said. "And what is that amazing smell?"

Both of them caught a whiff of sweet aroma of wafting across the room. "Chocolate!" they exclaimed at the same time. Then they looked at each other and started laughing.

Harry could hardly believe that Ashton was treating him so kindly. He was about to say more to his brother, but just then, a guest stepped up to be presented to the new king and the prince. "The Duke of Weaseltown," a royal attendant announced.

"Weselton," the Duke corrected him. Then he bowed his head. "As your closest partner in trade, it seems only fitting that I offer you your first dance as king."

Ashton stiffened, and clasped his gloved hands together. "Thank you," he said. "But I don't dance."

The Duke looked offended, so Ashton quickly nudged Harry forward. "But my brother is a marvelous dancer."

Harry was a little startled, but he allowed the Duke, Liam, to lead him to the dance floor.

Unfortunately, the Duke was a horrible dancer. He couldn't seem to take one step without crushing Harry's toes. As he bobbed up and down, his toupee bounced back and forth on his head—and he never stopped talking.

"Bump-be-dump-bah! Look at me!" he crowned. "This certainly makes up for being shut out for twelve years for no reason. Do you know the reason?" he asked Harry. "No? Well, watch this: like a chicken with the face of a monkey, I fly!"

Harry cringed as the Duke danced around him like a dying peacock. Then he caught sight of Ashton watching from the side of room, barely able to keep from laughing. Harry shot Ashton a number of "help me" looks, but there was no way out of it. He was forced to finish the dance, much to Ashton's amusement.

After the dance, Harry limped back to Ashton. "Well, he was sprightly," said the king with a smile.

"Especially for a man in heels!" Harry replied. Both brothers giggled.

"Are you all right?" Ashton asked more gently.

Harry smiled. "I've never been better," he said, glancing into Ashton's eyes. "This is so nice. I wish it could be like this all the time."

"Me too," Ashton said wistfully. Then he caught himself and stiffened. "But it can't."

"Why not?" Harry asked, surprised at Ashton's sudden change of attitude.

Ashton tensed. "Because it can't," he said firmly.

Harry's face felt all his old disappointment rushing back. "Excuse me," he said. Ashton watched sadly as Harry walked away.