-18-

Sven charged down the mountain at full speed with Luke and Harry on the back. Calum slid down the trial next to them like a playful penguin.

Luke looked over at Harry. He was shivering and very pale. "Just hang in there," he said. "Come on, buddy. Faster!" he urged him.

When they arrived at Arendelle, Calum shot ahead. "Wooo! I'll meet you guys at the castle," he said.

"Stay out of sight!" Luke called after him.

"I will!" Calum yelled back as he disappeared down into the town. Luke watched him disappear from view. Then he heard a scream from someone who was obviously not expecting to see a talking snowman.

"Ah! It's alive!" the villager shrieked. So much for Calum staying out of sight!

At the castle gates, a solider soon spotted the reindeer and the two riders.

"It's Prince Harry!" he shouted.

Harry struggled to get off Sven.

"I've got you," Luke said, helping him off the reindeer.

Harry was very weak. His eyes lifted to meet Luke's. "Are you going to be okay?" he asked.

"Don't worry about me," Luke said. Quickly, two servants rushed over to help Harry. "You need to get him to Prince Michael," Luke told them.

"You poor boy, you're freezing," the older servant said. "Let's get you inside. Let's get you warm."

As the servants whisked Harry away, Luke stood watching. Sven looked at his friend, unsure what he would do next. Then the castle door closed, shutting Luke out.

—————
In the castle library, Michael was meeting with dignitaries and soldiers, discussing the fate of Arendelle's king.

"I'm going back out to look for Harry," Michael told them. "No one is to go near the king until I get back."

"Prince Michael," a man said. "You cannot risk going out there again. Arendelle needs you."

Michael sank into a chair. "But if anything happens to Prince Harry . . ."

"If anything happens to Prince Harry," another dignitary said, "you are all Arendelle has left. Please."

The door flew open, and the two servants brought Harry into the room.

"Harry!" Michael exclaimed as he fell into his arms. "You're so cold."

"Michael, you have to kiss me," he managed to say.

"What?" Michael asked.

"Now!" Harry said desperately.

Michael was a bit taken aback. "Slow down," he said.

The servants smiled, realizing that Harry and Michael needed to be alone. "We'll give you two some privacy," said one, backing away. Everyone in the room followed him out.

Once they were alone, Michael turned to Harry. "What happened out there?"

"Ashton struck me with his powers," he said softly.

"You said he'd never hurt you."

Harry lowered his eyes. "I was wrong," he said. "He froze my heart, and only an act of true love can save me."