Chapter 14: The search

~~~{Izuku Midoriya}~~~

It was a late evening, and I was standing on top of a roof. Kacchan and I were going to be meeting here to start todays search. Kacchan may not show it, but he was worried about Heraki. After all that happened when we were in school, he didn't want anything bad to happen to him. I was equally as worried, but for somewhat different reasons. I couldn't believe that Shigaraki and the League had returned, granted I knew that a new league would appear at some point. But not led by someone from my past, especially him of all people to lead. This League would be dangerous with him at the helm.

"DEKU! You're muttering again! I thought you got that whole thing sorted out, I haven't heard you do that since..." I turned my head to see Kacchan walking towards me, his hero costume hasn't changed much since when we were in school. Though he sports long sleeves more often now than his tank top.

"Since school, I know... I guess hearing all this has me on edge." I looked back out to the skyline, we thought we had disbanded and for lack of better terms. Eradicated the League of Villains. But now all that progress is undone, we don't know how they're back. We just hope that we can stop them again. I felt Kacchan's hand rest on my shoulder as he spoke a little sternly, but reassuringly.

"C'mon, that doesn't matter now. We need to find Heraki before they do something violent to him or with him." I nodded, and soon we set off on the search. We split off from each other early on to cover more ground, keeping in communication with earpieces.

"Kacchan, who hosted the party that Heraki was kidnapped at?"

"Some kid from 1-B, Uraraka's class. We've already questioned him. he claimed he doesn't know, but I feel this is all too coincidental."

"What's his name?"

"He never gave a full one, just his first. His name is Tigaki. He has a quirk that lets him heal injuries, it works kinda like Recovery Girls quirk when she was a nurse. He can only heal so much before his body is worn out."

"Well, that's definitely a good quirk for support. I don't know what we're going to do, Kacchan. We have no leads, even if we went to that mansion there would be no trace of where they went because of them using a portal."

"I know Deku, but we can't give up. We know what Shigaraki can do, if we just give up. Heraki would die, or worse... Become one of them." I sighed, Kacchan was right. We can't give up. We just have to take things one step at a time.

While I was hoping across the rooftops, I heard a scream from an alleyway. I stopped, then changed my direction to reach the origin of the scream.

"Ohh, come onnn! I'm not that scary, am I?" There was a hooded figure, chuckling insanely as he slowly approached a woman he had cornered. The woman looked cut up, and as he approached I could see him twirling a knife. I pulled up my half mask and dropped down into the alley way.

"Stop right there! Leave the woman alone!" The hooded man slowly turned his head, revealing his blood red eyes and his devilish grin. I quickly made the realisation that he had matching description to the man that attacked Nosido and Suraki in the hospital.

"Ohhh! You must be Deku! You know... I have a friend that looks up to you quite a lot." Jinsei chuckled, turning to face me fully. He angled his other hand as a knife slipped out from his hoodie sleeve so he was now wielding two. "I must say, it's an honour to meet such a great hero!"

"Quiet! Your terror ends here, I will stop you!" I got into my combative stance, activating all for one at 20% as I jumped up and front flipped into a kick directed at Jinsei. But he jumped out of the way, slashing a knife across my thigh as I grunted softly. But quickly recovered.