Chapter 2: First Day

My footsteps echoed off of the stone path beneath me. My heart began to race, I'm actually here! I can't believe it, I'm walking right where other heroes before me had attended this school and went pro! All the greats, Ground Zero, Shoto, Deku, Uravity, Ingenium! They all were once here! And now, I am retracing their steps. To write my own stor- I suddenly felt my foot get caught on one of the stones, my eyes widening as I took a nosedive towards the ground. But before I felt the sudden stop and sting of the impact... I felt nothing, infact. I actually felt.. Arms?..and Hands pressed against my chest?

     "Hey! You alright man? You almost took a full face collision with the ground!"

     The stranger's voice sounded energetic, full of life. I slowly raised my head, meeting my savior face to face. The first thing that caught my eye were his own faint orange eyes, and I soon focused on the rest of his face. He had a friendly smile on his face, his freckles making him have a mix of handsome and yet cute at the same time, and he had a head of dark blue, faux hawk styled hair.

     Before I could respond, the stranger had already lifted me back to my feet, brushing my uniform off for a brief few seconds. "You should really be more careful! Don't want the pathway giving you a nosebleed every morning!" He chuckled softly, finally giving me a moment to process and actually respond to his words. My cheeks reddened slightly, feeling them warm up a bit since I was embarrassed by my trip up.

     "T-thanks, I...uh...appreciate the help there." I examined the rest of him, making the realization that he too was a UA student! He was wearing the same uniform as I was!

     "Hey, don't sweat it, man!" The stranger wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me in as he began to tussle my hair. Jeez, he really seems to have a lot of energy. "My name is Zota! Zota Heigaraku! It's nice to meet you, dude. Hey! Let's walk together!" Once again, before I could even respond, he had already turned and began walking towards the front doors of the school.

     "N-nice to meet you Zota! My name is Nosido Heraki." I quickened my pace so that I was walking beside him, letting out a soft sigh. This was going to take some getting used to, considering we might be talking often since we go to the same school.

     "Nosido, eh? Nice name!" He looked down at me, revealing another friendly smile before returning his gaze in front of him. "So what are you coming to UA for?" He had a joyful tone whenever he spoke, it was kinda nice to meet someone so cheerful. Though it did feel like a bit much.

     "I'm here for the Hero Department..I..wanted to become a pro hero" I said a little sheepishly, I wasn't confident at all if I could make the cut as a hero, I just barely scraped by in tryouts because I can't control my Quirk well, nor can I really do many elaborate things with it.

     "Really? Your part of the Hero Department, too!" He suddenly stopped walking, turning to face me with an excited and ecstatic expression. "This is so awesome! The first person I meet here and he is becoming a hero just like me!" He did a victorious fistpump, how could someone have so much energy? I was lost in thought for a few moments before a random gesture he made towards me snapped me back into focus, he had his hand held in a fist in front of me. "Come on man! Don't leave me hanging!" I slowly bought my hand up, complying with his request and giving him a crisp fist bump

     "We heroes have to stick together, right!" He smiled happily, probably his happiest smile so far because he even had his eyes closed for it. "I really hope we are in the same class... Wait! What's your class room number! Please tell me your heading to 1-A!"

     My eyes soon lit up, I looked up at Zota and smiled, nodding a few times. "Y..yes actually! My homeroom is 1-A."

     "Hell yeah!" He once again wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me in and tussling my hair more than before. It's gonna look much worse than this morning with him continuing at this rate! "This is so freaking great! Come on man! Let's get going!"