Chapter 22: Rendezvous

It was dark outside, and I was once again lying in bed. I had a fresh change of clothes on since my others had a little blood on them from the scars Shigaraki left. I was in Suraki's arms as he slept, while I just stared directly at the clock. It was time, slowly. I started to pull Suraki's grasp off of me, finger by finger as to lessen the chances of him waking up. But once his hold was finally gone, I carefully got out of bed and grabbed my crutches that Zota brought to me earlier. I made my way over to the door, but before I could even open it. The door was swung open as I was pulled into the hall, slowly the stranger shut the door to Suraki's room as I looked up to see a face that seemed to be about my age. He was a bit taller than me, he had a head of short blond hair and blue eyes. Looking down at me before pushing my head upwards more to expose my neck.

"Tch... Of course Shigaraki did that to you. He never listens to my reasoning..." He started to trace his fingers over the handprint scar left on my neck, shaking his head slightly before letting our gazes meet again. "Sorry... where are my manners. My name is Akane, Shigaraki already told me about you."

"N-Nice to meet you, Akane..."

"Let's go somewhere more private... Hey, since your leg is broken do you need me to carry you? We're going to the roof..." I gulped slightly, nodding a bit at the question since I wasn't gonna get up the other sets of stairs easily. He turned around and pointed to his back.

"Climb up if you can, i'll carry you that way." I slowly set my crutches against the wall, almost falling over from lack of balance but I quickly grabbed onto Akane's shoulders and carefully pulled myself up. I felt his arm wrap under my legs as he hoisted me up, I adjusted where my arms were positioned to be around his neck, once situated. He carried me all the way to the top floor and to the fire exit that lead to the roof, and when we made it to the roof. He set me down on top of one of the AC Units, I sighed softly. Relaxing a bit when I was off his back as he sat across from me, looking directly at me as he held one of his hands with his palm up. A slight blue flame starting to form as I look down at the flame.

"W...Woah, that's... Really nice looking."

"Yeah... I like the color of my fire..." He glanced down at the flame he was forming in his hand before speaking again. "Look... I really wish it didn't have to be this way. I may be part of their league but sometimes they're a bit much... Especially my parents but that's besides the point." He snuffed the flame in his hand out, our gazes meeting. "I wish you weren't Shigaraki's target... You don't deserve what's been done to you at all. But I can't do anything about his choices so all I can say is that i'm sorry..." I could feel my eyes start to water, I didn't expect to be hearing this from him at all. It was bringing back every memory of all the things that had been done to me over the past couple of weeks, I was starting to break down again. I covered my face as I began to cry. Things got relatively silent apart from my crying, but soon I felt a hand resting atop my head. Their fingers running through my hair a bit in an attempt to calm me down. At first I thought it was Suraki, since he knew that when I was upset running his hand through my hair would help me relax. But when I looked up I saw Akane's face.

"W-why... Why are you being nice to me?" He brought his other hand up to my face and wiped some of my tears away with his thumb, his facial expression hadn't changed much from the blank expression. Neither had his voice, but something about his eyes were saying a lot.

"Like I said... You don't deserve being targeted by the league." I sniffled slightly, tears were still rolling down my face but... I didn't really feel sad anymore. Every so often Akane would brush his thumbs across my cheek to wipe my tears away as we simply stared at each other. I could feel my face getting warmer as I blushed more.

"C-Could you let go of me please?" He noticed what he was doing, swiftly releasing his hold of my face and taking a step back, we were both silent for a few more seconds before I sighed."W-we should probably talk about information.. huh..." I slowly looked to see him nod. And slowly, I began to speak. I really just told him about the battle trials we had a few days ago, seeing as that would be useful intel for the league to know we were beginning to do more intense training. But I didn't say much apart from that.