Chapter 1: Threshold

It was a bright and sunny morning, the wind blowing in through the open window to my room. I was asleep in bed, snoring softly. But soon my eyes slowly opened, I yawned and rubbed the crust from my eyelids and sat up. Looking over at my clock I realized I had woken up about an hour and a half before my alarm was set to go off, making me sigh loudly.

     "God... my sleep schedule is all sorts of messed up, huh..." I turned and switched my alarm off, I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep again because of what day it was. Today would be my first day arriving at UA, and that's when my nerves finally kicked in. I was starting to feel a bit of stress form in my head as I started to think about what could go wrong, making me groan loudly and rub my head. I need to calm down... I can't go to school like a nervous wreck, come on Nosido. Just relax... I breathed slowly, calming down after a few minutes before pulling the blanket off of my body and standing up.

     I stumbled tiredly to my bathroom and turned on the shower, slowly taking my sleepware off which really just consisted of shorts and boxers. Once the water was heated up I turned the faucet knob slightly to the colder side, I never liked overly hot showers. It hurt my body when it was too hot. And now I finally stepped in, letting out a sigh of relief from my lips as my muscles began to ease up. I took a few moments to just stand there, letting the water run down my body. Every inch that was covered with the warm water felt like such a relaxing thing to my body. I knew I had more time to just enjoy the warmth but my habit's urged me to start washing already. I began my usual routine of wetting my hair, then applying shampoo and letting it rest in my hair while I grabbed the body wash and began to wash the rest of my body.

     After about fifteen minutes, I turned off the running water and stepped out. Approaching the mirror and taking a towel from the laundry bin, wiping the fog away from the mirror to reveal my face staring back at me, my hair was a dark purple still drying mess, my greyish purple eyes stareing back at me and my face having its usual rounded shape to it, I wish my jawline was more defined already. I still looked pretty tired since I woke up so early, rubbing my eyes once again to clear up my blurry vision. I began to dry my hair and the rest of my body off, and toss my towel aside. I'm not even bothering to use the comb my parents bought me for my hair, I never do. My hair always looked like a bed head anyways. I instead walked back to my bedroom, grabbing a pair of boxers and slipping them on, then I grabbed the pant's of the UA uniform, sliding the pants on and zipping them up. I grabbed a belt and slid it through the loops on the pants, buckling it and grabbing an undershirt. After I put that on, I grabbed the dress shirt, putting my arms through the sleeves and adjusting it until it felt comfortable on my body, and began buttoning the shirt up.

     After a few moments of pondering, I decided to roll my sleeves up and applied the strap to keep the sleeves rolled up. Then I finished doing the buttoning, and grabbed the matching tie for the uniform, and this is where the struggle began. I had no idea how to tie a tie, nor in the style that UA used. I sat there for maybe ten minutes before finally giving up and walking downstairs to the kitchen, my parents were already gone at work so I had no one to help me with the damn tie! I opened up the cupboards and grabbed a protein bar from one of the boxes and then went to the entryway of my home. If I'm awake early I may as well get to school early too, I picked up my backpack and opened the front door. Stepping out and locking the door behind me and slipping my keys back into my pocket.

     And so, I set off. Walking along the street on the concrete sidewalk to the school, I am humming one of my favorite songs to myself quietly. Well, it wasn't really humming. It was more like singing to myself.

     I enjoyed the cool weather we had this morning, it felt nice on my skin and in my hair. I lived about twenty minutes away from the school, walking speed its that time at least. But I can't say that I hated the walk, the walk was actually quite peaceful apart from passers by maybe talking on their phones or with someone they were walking with.

     Before long, I was standing at the front gates of the school, staring up at the intimidating building before me. Mostly intimidating because I simply don't like heights.

     I took a step forward, passing through the threshold that was my old life and entering the unknown of my new life pursuing a career as a hero.