Skylar

~Talon's POV~
I was drawn out of my lust filled haze by a soft ring tone, Ana pulled out her cellphone and received the call,

"Ariana Ebere.... who's speaking?" She asked in a cold tone and I flinched, I had noticed this part of her as well.

Along with her fiesty, protective and extremely compassionate nature, Ana had a cold and detached side to her that admittedly scared me, it wasn't like I didn't find it attractive because damn...it was a huge turn on, but I couldn't help imagining myself on the receiving end of that, like the night she had rejected us, the thought of her reacting to me that way again scared me.

Everything was spiralling out of control, I knew it the moment she walked into that ball, I had begun questioning my reasons since and with each passing day, I was loosing my resolve, having other thoughts... perhaps It wouldn't end up as predicted, perhaps James had just been toying with me, playing with my insecurities to hurt me like I had hurt him.

I had taken away his only chance at salvation, despite how wrong his methods were, I understood him, he only wanted a chance at the love fate had cruelly stripped away from him, I understood him and yet I did it, I didn't regret it, I did what was needful to save my friend, he was hurting Kyle, his love for Kyle was true, I could sense it, but his selfish love would have killed my friend and I couldn't let that happen.

James lied to him, tricked him, took away the most precious gift a wolf could ask for....all for his own happiness, a happiness he felt Kyle could give him, Kyle did make him happy....the look in James eyes whenever he saw my friend was pure joy....he got his happiness for a short, deceitful while ....but at what cost?

I sighed, shaking off my thoughts at the sound of my mate's excited voice,

"really? Where are you?, I'll be at the airport in an hour Sky, sit down right there and don't move an inch." she said into the phone, a smile on her face, hanging up she turned to us,

"My friend is at the airport right now and I need to go pick her up, I'll be back Inna bit." she informed us standing up, she paused, her hand going to her abdomen as she winced slightly, we were both by her side in a flash.

Jay eased her back into the couch and sat at her other side,

"It's hurting again?" He asked in concern and she frowned cutely before turning to glare at the pack of chocolates left forgotten at the side Jay had pushed it off to.

"Perharps it's the sugar.. it happens this way sometimes, it'll only be brief and it's mostly bearable, I was just unprepared I guess." she said, smiling reassuringly and I sighed in relief, I didn't want to see her in pain again... ever.

"You can't go out like this." I stated matter of factly and Jay cut her off before she could protest,

"we're really worried for you Ana." he said softly, and I nodded in agreement grabbing her hand and rubbing softly, relaxing her. After pondering for a while she huffed in defeat,

"I'll give her the address and tell her to come over." she informed us and we both smiled, she returned the smile before picking up her phone and making the call.

While we sat waiting for her friends arrival, we stayed close to her in case of anything, she seemed to be more amused than bothered by our over reaction and for that I was glad.

Looking around, I realized we had both been so worried for her we didn't realize our close proximity, both sitting pressed up against Ana's side as she read a book, she was between us yeah but this was admittedly the closest we'd gotten in a while without a desk between us that is, her being between us rather than being a division seemed to make the position feel all that more intimate, Jay hadn't realized it yet, still distracted by his concern for Ana but he sure as hell wouldn't like it.