Chapter 18

"And I have to do what I have to do..." Barry's words were shortly lived. The next thing I knew, I was swept up in lightning and found myself thrown into a pipeline cell.

"Barry!" I yelled, scrambling to my feet and pressing my hands to the glass. "Barry, let me out!"

"I loved you!" He shouted angrily, pointing a finger towards me. "I trusted you!"

My eyes teared up, "Barry, you still can... it was a mistake."

My tears were real, but my apology was a little less than empty. It wasn't a mistake. In fact, I would do it a thousand times again.

This made him angrier, "A mistake!? Pulling back an arrow that is POINTED at a man's chest and letting it go is a mistake?"

"Barry, I...-"

I had never seen Barry so angry before.

"You know what the mistake was? Choosing to take you out for coffee. That was a mistake... Kissing you and telling you I love you, that was a mistake! But this? Locking you up for what you have done? This is not a mistake."

I was at a loss of words. It felt as though my life was blowing up in my face. "I love you, Barry... It won't happen again."

He scoffed in return, "You are damn right it won't happen again.... Y/N, you tortured that man. You killed him! He may have been a bad guy, but that doesn't mean he deserved to die!"

"I didn't torture him- That is how you get answers!" I responded, trying my hardest now to get through to him so maybe he will understand.

I never thought I would hear Barry this angry. Honestly, it was pretty scary.

"God! You sound JUST LIKE HIM!" Barry shouted. I could see his face bloodshot red from the anger, the vein running up his forehead poking out prominently.

"What?" I exhaled in confusion.

"I thought this conversation sounded a little familiar to me... Oliver." His voice was a little less projecting. "You and him are just alike. Wells was right- you are a killer...." He held up one of my arrows, "Just like the Arrow."

"Barry, I beg you... Let me explain." I pleaded, literally on my knees with my hands folded in each other.

"No... The words of a criminal mean nothing to me." He turned and walked away, clicking the hologram tablet to shut the blaster door.

"Barry!" I cried out in one last attempt to make him listen.

My efforts were all for nothing, for I was left alone in the pipeline cell.

Everything was taken away from me: my bow and arrows, my cell phone, the mask, hoodie, all of it. Just me, my tank top, jeans, shoes, and.... my shoes!

I remembered Oliver insisting on the team adding trackers to their shoes just in case any of us were kidnapped and unable to communicate with them.

I turned my back away from the camera in the corner of my cell and slid my boot off. I flipped it over and, to my relief, I saw the small blinking red light after lifting a small hidden compartment in the sole. Carefully, I switched up the distress lever on the tracked, and then replaced it in my shoe.

'I really hope he gets this...'