14. "These Next Few Days"

Ella Brooks

I sit up and I'm in my bedroom. I check the time to see it's midnight. Damn, how long have I been out for? I sit up slowly then get up letting my feet touch the cold wooden floor. Not even going to lie about this ... It felt amazing.
I look at myself through the mirror. As I take off my clothes I notice a couple bruises and couple different cuts on my body. Some of them were finger marks. Then flashbacks of the incident go through my head and I take in a deep breath.

I walk into the closet grabbing a pair of grey pajama shorts, a black t-shirt and black ankle socks. I take off my bra throwing it into my hamper. I walk out of bedroom setting my clothes on my bed. I sit down putting my shirt on. Then I put my socks and then shorts on. I exit my bedroom heading into the bathroom. I wash my makeup off, brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror.

Yesterday actually happened.

As I exit the bathroom I turn the light off. I head into the kitchen. I hear the living room television on so I go to see Noen watching something. I grab some poptarts for him and I. I put some lactose free milk into a cup as I go into the living room sitting next to Noen.

"You alright?" Noen asked. I shrug as I hand him a chocolate flavored pop tart. He smiles at me taking it mumbling a 'thank you' as well.

He and I sit in silence watching The Office on Television. When I decide to ask him a few questions.

"What happened yesterday?" He doesn't say anything for a minute. He continues watching it until the episode ended. Which was thirty minutes later. He turned off the television then turned facing me. I do the same thing taking another bite of my pop-tart.

"You almost got kidnapped. Caleb and I came to see you. Cops were called so we all booked it. We rushed Caleb into his bedroom so we could get him cleaned up from the beating. He noticed you were bleeding and you felt it also. I got you cleaned up but after I told you he had visions. Along with your boyfriend was in the vehicle you fainted. I carried you back into your bedroom since Caleb couldn't and lied you down on your bed and left." I nod processing everything he told me. I wanted to ask him questions but it seemed to me that he already wanted to answer them.

"You're boyfriend kind of planned it. Caleb has had visions for a while. I can read people's minds, even though I hate it. Caleb also cares for you if it wasn't anymore obvious," I smile as he answers every question for me. Well, now I know. I process all of that too and I wonder if Caleb's alright or awake.

"Can I ask you a question?" Noen randomly asked. I jumped a little because it got silent for a while.

"Sure."

"Do you have feelings for Caleb?" He asked. I realized I couldn't really lie to him cause he's a mind-reader, ugh.

"I do like him, yes. But, he's so arrogant and such a dumbass. I felt bad about cheating ..." I mumble the last part but I knew he heard me. Noen chuckles at my words and how flustered I got. I feel embarrassed and weird cause usually I spill the tea to Ashley and my Co-worker. Not Noen.

"I like Ashley by the way. She's cute and pretty, very extroverted which I don't mind. Also, don't feel the way you feel around me. We live together and I don't judge I've heard worse," I nod. It felt nice knowing Noen could always give me reassurance about everything. I'm glad I adopted those two buttheads.

"Can I hug you?" Noen asked. I nodded as we both hugged which felt great because I needed it. I truly needed a reassurance hug. He was filled with warmth which was nice too.

"Is Caleb awake?" I asked. He shrugged as we pulled apart. I take in a deep breath studying him for a moment.

"Goodnight, Noen," I say wishing him a goodnight.

"Goodnight." I smile as I walk into their bedroom to see him staring at the ceiling until his eyes focus on me.

"Hey..." I awkwardly say. It was my fault that he was injured like this but I could say he was selfless earlier.

"Hello," He said as he slowly got up so I could sit next to him on his bed. I decide to sit next to him on his left. We both sit there as I figure what to say..

"I apologize about our fight the other day," I begin. He doesn't look at me just sits there doing nothing. "I shouldn't be bitchy with you when I was the one ignoring you." I finally look at him to see him turning to look back at me. He turns in my direction a little more.

"I just felt weird for cheating on Ashton but now I don't regret it after what Noen told me..." I sigh running my hand through my hair. I turn a little so I'm facing him a bit. It felt weird seeing him all bruised, cut, and have a sling.

"If I'm being honest ... I don't know how injured I'll be when I transform," Caleb finally speaks. I sigh nodding at the same time. "I should be healed in two days though..." I look at him and he tilts his head at me a little.

"The perks of being cursed, Ella," I process that. I don't know how to respond but I don't want to sound rude.

"Thanks for saving me." I'm grateful he did this for me.

"It wasn't a big deal, Ella. I just ... um ... care about you-" I press my lips against his taking him off guard. My hand resting on the right side of his cheek. When I slowly back away after thirty seconds. I smile at him.

He leans in pressing his lips against mine. I kiss back as our lips move in a sync. He was so gentle and passionate it startled me a bit. Other people I've kissed in the past were aggressive but this was nice. When we slowly pulled back his bright blue hazel like eyes sparkled.

His eyes were dilated as I studied and accepted his facial features. He awkwardly smiled at me as I leaned my head against his shoulder. For the first time in a while ... I actually felt like I belonged and I'm genuinely happy.

-

June 20th

Caleb Finn

These next few days went swell actually. Over the weekend she spent Saturday and Sunday taking care of me. We also watched movies while I was in dog form but I slept through most of them. The way her fingers would gently run through my fur and the way she smiled at me.
It felt like I was being loved. It was the most wonderful feeling of my entire life. I also got some human food while in dog form which was nice because I despise dog food. I know Noen did too.

Monday she read to me. And if we had the movie to the book we would watch it after. Ella loved pointing out the differences or how upset she'd get if the book had a specific part and the movie didn't have it in there.
I also got to vent to Ella about my obsession with Legend of Zelda. Tuesday she came home with the video game and a couple books. We read the books and spend hours playing video games.
Some nights we would go outside and talk about life. The universe and how everything changed from when she and I were kids to now. We also told childhood stories or walked to the park at night. Noen would come with us when we walked to the park or watch certain movies otherwise he'd sketch.
He showed us a few sketches he'd made of Ella and I. She loved them so much she hung them up in her bedroom. Ashley came over a couple times too.

Ashley has a major crush on Noen and it was very obvious. I thought it was hilarious and adorable. Noen liked her too but Ashley would doubt it sometimes. They would make TikToks together or hangout in our bedroom or her place for a few hours.
Now I'm lying on the couch waiting for Ella to come home. It's crazy how fast this week has zoomed by. Everything just felt right... I was beginning to fall hard for Ella Brooks.