𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

HOPE SPENT THE WHOLE WEEK IN NEW ORLEANS

            HOPE SPENT THE WHOLE WEEK IN NEW ORLEANS. She herself thought it was the best decision to spent one week with her family in her birth town before turning into a monster without control for one good god damn week.

          New Orleans was her favourite place in the world. It was quite special for her because in some weird way it kept her calm and same. It helped her to think and rest her mind and soul. Maybe it was because it was her birthplace or because the town itself looked pretty normal like any other but instead it was filled up with a different kind of supernatural creatures so she didn't feel different and alone when she was there. She didn't know the reason, but it was definitely something she needed at the moment, calm place where she felt safe and like at home.

          And after all, she had been in Queens for over than four months. She needed to catch up with her family, despite constant face times with her Aunties, Uncles and adoptive brother. She needed to see them in person, to hug them, to have a nice family dinner with them again, she needed to tell them about her new friends and about Peter, a person who she trusted even if it was very hard for her since she wasn't a trustworthy person, but he listened and he wasn't afraid and Hope appreciated that very much.

          Mikaelsons had a nice family gathering like Hope planned to have, they spent a lot of time together at the same room, talking and catching up on things they missed in each other's lives since they last saw each other. There was a fight between Rebekah and Kol like always, but it only put a smile on everyone's faces as it filled their room with laughter. Hope couldn't help but see that they are all happy and she was glad that it was that way. It was nice to finally say that they have a break from all enemies they fought for over a thousand years. They did deserve it.

          Despite that, it was nice to see their faces again. They all told her that the person that left New Orleans four months ago wasn't the same person that came back now. She liked to believe that, she liked to see that everyone else believed that, but, Hope herself knew that her family, grief and sadness of the tragic events from her past will always be part of her even if she showed sadness less. She still felt it in the bottom of her heart and in the put of her stomach and she knew it will not go away so easily, maybe even never.

          Her family knew what was coming soon and the real reason she came back to New Orleans and they desperately wanted to protect their second youngest member, Hope and people around her, her new friends, Tony and even people from New York themselves. Rebekah and Freya, being the only women in the family, talked to their niece about what was she planning to do about the upcoming breakdown, and she told them truthfully that she had no idea.

          Part of Hope wanted to stay at her normal, human form during the time of her mental instability and she wanted to go to that Homecoming with her friends. She promised Liz that she would be there, she herself wanted to be there. She wanted to dance with her friends, laugh and MJ's jokes and the way she roasted people around her and she for sure wanted to see how Peter looked in the traditional dance suit. She found herself thinking about him more often lately. That boy has been stuck in her mind and he made her heart race faster than usual which worried her a little since she had already been through all of this, the first period of liking someone which lead to her first heartbreak. God that was awful and she definitely didn't want to repeat the event again. So she tended to put her feelings for the boy aside until she was ready to go through them completely.