Prince of Piano [Arc 4.3]

Chapter 43
auroranovels.wordpress.com

The day of the entrance exam was getting closer. Corrica would practice until very late every day, and Faith's parents were quite happy to see him working so hard. Aside from their happiness, the two people discussed between themselves and decided to host a small encouragement dinner party in order to let him relax a bit before the exam and be able to perform better during the exam. And after he was accepted, they would host a larger one.

They invited some of their closer friends to come to their house, and they all got together to chat and talk amongst themselves. Corrica was the lead tonight, and of course everyone's conversation topic would revolve around him.

Jing Yang did not feel like going downstairs to participate, and Avi had also always been like this in the past several years anyways. Staying silentand not attending the dinner party was just convenient for him. During this period of time he did not practice hard like Corrica, and in this family no one would care about whether or not he practiced. Ever since Avi had turned 10 years old, he had never exhibited any especially outstanding ability, and they all felt that his path in piano had already come to its end and had no possibility of going any further.

"Your family's Corrica truly exceeds expectations-he even won first place in the Gardena piano competition, being accepted into the Cherty Conservatory of Music is definitely not a problem." Mrs. Talise and Mrs. Mooney had been friends for many years, and she naturally knew what kind of words would be able to make this friend of hers happy.

"This child ah, it's just that his talent is relatively high, and he is also willing to work hard with all his might." Susan's face was filled with pride and complacency.

"You really have such good fortune. Your son has a talent for business, and your adopted son has a musical gift. In the future your two sons will definitely have endless prospects." One of the wives who had business dealings with the Mooney family flattered.

"Aiya, not at all, for us as parents, we only hope for them to be able to stay healthy and safe." Susan's face was filled with a complacent smile, yet she deliberately made some modest remarks.

Another one of the ladies there said, "And when the Deere family's sole heir marries Faith, that would just be the icing on the cake."

Susan sighed. "Speaking of Avi this child, I am quite anxious. When he was young he seemed to be a pretty cheerful and lively child, but now I don't know what happened, his personality has become more and more eccentric."

"Perhaps a child who has no parents would have a more sensitive heart."

"I also felt like this, and thinking that he has no parents, and also has no loved ones, I would care for him a bit more, but that child is still not grateful ah. Before he would only often bully Corrica and not give Corrica any good face, but now even we don't get any good face from him." Susan's face was full of helplessness. "You can all see tonight's dinner party, he also won't come down to greet everyone or talk to everyone a bit. In the end he's still not my own child, so I also can't really discipline him too strictly."

The several ladies exchanged glances. When they received the invitation, their family had only said that they were hosting a pre-exam encouragement dinner party for Corrica, and did not mention even a word about Avi. If it were some other child, they were afraid that they would also be unwilling to attend.