Artistic Life [Arc 10.7]

Chapter 134
auroranovels.wordpress.com

The results of the art competition finally came out. Jing Yang’s <Holy Light> won the grand prize, and the <Merciful Grace> that Su Mo copied from Mu Jin won first prize.

Su Mo was completely stunned when he learned of the result. Even Wu Xiuyuan was unable to react because he had no idea when Mu Jin had created another painting and taken it directly to the competition.

In this international art competition, Lushan Academy of Fine Arts actually had two students who occupied the grand prize and the first prize. The school leaders were naturally very happy and attached great importance to this.

Mu Jin’s previous record had been cancelled but few people knew about this. Because Mu Jin had won the grand prize, the school directly announced that the mark on his record was cancelled, and they would continue to provide him his scholarships and grants.

Su Mo saw the school administrators expressing interest and concern one after another for Mu Jin, and felt pain in his heart. He felt that this should have been the treatment that he alone should be enjoying, but now Mu Jin had stolen away a large part of it. He had gotten the first prize but was completely eclipsed by the light of the grand prize. His light became so dim, how could he be willing.

When it was time to receive the award, Jing Yang was naturally the focus of attention. After he came on stage, the host interviewed him and many reporters asked him questions.

In this era, art was no longer an interest that only a limited number of people could understand and enjoy. The audience was quite extensive. No matter the age group or the profession, there were more and more people who liked collecting paintings.

This time, his entry <Holy Light> was inspired by the powerful light he had displayed back when he was in the demon clan. The golden column of divine light penetrated through the clouds from the heavens and shone down on the earth. All the things that represented darkness and evil were gradually disappearing, while everything that represented justice and light were rapidly becoming stronger.

When many people looked at the painting, they would feel their hearts open and a feeling of strength. This was the charm of art. It could not only let people appreciate its beauty, but also allow them to understand and explore their feelings. If you could also allow people to gain strength from your painting, it would be a great success. This was also the reason why <Holy Light> won the grand prize.

Not only did Jing Yang make his name in the art world with this painting, but even the other works that Jing Yang painted before became massively popular. He collected a large number of fans.

Su Mo looked at Jing Yang being interviewed on stage, so jealous that his eyes were about to spit fire. He grit his teeth hard and stared at Jing Yang for a while. But because there were a lot of reporters on the scene, he feared that his expression would be photographed so he put his head down after glaring viciously for a bit.

Sitting next to Su Mo, Wu Xiuyuan was also looking at the stage. His mood at this moment was very complicated. If it had been beforehand, he would have been very happy for Mu Jin to win the prize. But now he felt that this man was so dirty that he didn’t deserve to stand on stage and receive applause from the crowd. He couldn’t wait to rush to the stage right now and let everyone know what this man was really like.

When they went back, Wu Xiuyuan had nowhere to vent his anger. He had wanted to destroy all of Mu Jin’s paintings that were still in the gallery, but the staff told him that all of the paintings had been bought at a high price. Then he smashed everything in his office.