Chapter 9

--- Nathan's POV---

I blinked my eyes sleepily, wondering why I woke up so suddenly. Flashes of the previous evening and the exhausting night spread through my mind, which instantly had me wide awake as I chuckled lowly.

Hmmm, was this just because we were newly mated or was this something that would last throughout our whole relationship? Either way, I couldn't get enough of Alec and it seemed that he was insatiable as well.

A slight pinching sensation spread through my chest, making me frown as I pushed myself up on my forearms and looked down. My lycan soon started purring, matching the rumbling sound that hummed through Alec's chest.

His mop of white hair was spilled over my chest as he slowly nuzzled against my side. I had learned quite swiftly that Alec was a cuddle bug at night. It seemed that somewhere during the night, he had managed to wiggle against my side, burying one arm underneath me while his other hand rested on my chest, hugging me around the waist.

As the pinching sensation continued, I grinned when I detected his hands slowly flexing and relaxing against my side and stomach. For a moment, I couldn't recall why that as a good thing until my inner beast grunted and flashed me his emotions of Happy-exited-Mate! before he dutifully filled in the blanks.

"He's kneading, dumb human. A happy cat is a purring and kneading cat."

I shook my head slightly and grinned even wider, reaching down to trace a finger over Alec's features. He let out a happy sigh in his sleep before he started wiggling closer. I didn't mind one bit and hauled him closer, nearly pulling him on my chest.

When he moaned softly and settled down, I had a hard time relaxing myself. Closing my eyes for a second, I took in a deep and calming breath before trying to decide what to do for today.

The school had called a few times, politely informing me that Alec was supposed to at least finish his mate-classes, but that was before they knew about him being mated to me. And before we found out that there was a whole other breed of shifters out there.

That made me realize that we could actually learn something from Alec and his siblings...Maybe they'd feel more for teaching than having to actually be in the class. It was something that I'd had to discuss with them, along with my mating with Alec.

With a snort, I buried my fingers in Alec's hair and smiled. Well, one of his brothers had clearly seen a bit too much to his liking yesterday. I had spotted Liam before but most of my senses were aimed at my teasing and tempting mate, so I hadn't paid him any mind.

But, I imagine his brothers wanted to make sure that Alec was taken care off and that I treated him well. Now that I've thought about it, I was quite sure that neither of the brothers had thought about a job for themselves.

I sighed and slowly slipped out of the bed, grinning at the small disgruntled huffs and annoyed sounds Alec made before he grabbed my pillow and buried his face in it. It created a fuzzy feeling in my chest as my eyes followed the sleepy smile spreading over Alec's plump and swollen lips before I shook my head.

"Maybe I need to give my mate a moment to recover..." The thought was instantly replied with an annoyed growl from my Lycan as I slowly slipped out of the room, snatching a pair of sweatpants from the floor.

We might be newly mated, yes, but that didn't mean that I had to jump Alec until he was exhausted. I smirked slightly as I remembered that it had been Alec that actually chased after me the last time. Surely I was the victim in this play, and Alec was taking advantage off me?

Off course, I'm as willing as I could be. Who am I to refuse my mate when he wants to love and make love to me, as I love him and his body in the same way?