Chapter 10

---Nathan's POV---

I didn't like the way the brothers were looking at each other, as if trying to see who was going to start the story. But I didn't have to wait long, since Alec huffed and rolled his eyes at his siblings.

"Well, I don't know what Marcus is thinking but I believe he means the first pack we had a run in with, right?" My skin was crawling as Marcus sighed deeply and leaned forwards.

"Not quite; the pack was curious as to what we were, seeing that we didn't know what Mates were back then. " He sighed, eyebrows furrowing seriously while Liam stretched himself in front of the fireplace, eyes closing to enjoy the comforting heat.

"We were younger, our animals harder to control back then. The pack saw us shifting but they reacted positive; they were astonished that there were other shifters beside themselves off course, but they meant no harm." Marcus continued while Alec snorted, throwing his legs on the sofa as he sidled closer against me and closed his eyes.

My eyes flew over Alec's features, lingering a moment longer on his lips before he smiled. "I can feel you staring at me." He murmured teasingly, opening his eyes momentarily just to give me a wink before he sighed and picked up where his brother stopped.

"We stayed with the pack for a while but we didn't feel like settling down. After a few months, we parted as friends and promised that whenever we were in the area, we'd pop in to check on our friends." He grinned softly before shaking his head.

"I think it was about two months later that we stumbled on that other pack? Where was it? Someplace in Europe?" He asked, rolling his head to the side so he could glance at his siblings.

"Prague actually." He confirmed with a wry smile I didn't quite understand. Even Alec was giving him a confused look before Marcus simply avoided the looks by saying, "That's where we met a pack that was different from the others. Much more sophisticated and in tune to their human sides. They blended in perfectly with the non-suspecting humans."

I blinked at that, a bit shocked. "The humans there are not informed of out kin?" It was odd to think in times like these, there were still packs that liked to lay low and hide what they were for the human population.

"Some." Marcus stood and slowly walked to the window, staring in the distance as if his memories were taking over. "Only those that are in close contact with the packs or who are mated. But those who don't now will never find out by themselves either. The pack was very good at hiding their true nature." He chuckled, "They had quite a mind for strategy."

I frowned slightly, "So how did you guys find out there was a pack?" Liam snorted, drawing my attention to the leopard before Alec laughed softly. "Oh shush you. Still can't get over it after five years?"

When he captured my stare, he rolled his eyes slightly. "It was going to storm, badly, and we decided to take refuge in the city. Apparently the wolves had eyes for anything non-human treading in their city, because we were only halfway the bridges over the Vltava River before we were closed in on both sides."

Jabbing a finger towards Liam, he clarified, "He was off course ticked off that a pack of wolves could sneak up on us, especially since they seemed to know what we were before we opened our mouths. Oh no, they didn't harm us." Alec quickly soothed my anger as I tensed.

After a few calming breaths, I nodded at him to proceed and he grinned, pecking a quick kiss on my lips before he took a deep breath. "Well, we didn't want run with an angry pack on our heels and like hell were we going to jump in the river, I mean seriously? It was in the middle of the winter! But anyways, "He said after a cleared throat from Marcus.