26. Away

"Two fucking weeks and I'm losing my mind. Why are you doing this to me?! Why are you punishing me? I want to die. I want to die. I want to die I want to die I want to die I WANT TO DIE I WANT TO DIE I WANT TO DIE!!!!!!"

Zach slammed the notebook shut, aggressively throwing it across the room in a burst of rage. Hot tears began to stain his rosy cheeks. He blinked to clear his blurry vision, using the sleeve of his hoodie to harshly wipe his tears away. "Fuck..." he whispered out, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. "Why are you doing this to me..."

"Doing what?"

Zach's head shot up at the sound of someone's voice in his room. Standing in front of his closed door stood the tall brunette boy with his cold blue eyes. His face was hard, yet he tried to express a look of confusion and innocence on his sharp features.

A lump formed in Zach's throat as his eyes nearly bulged out of his head. "N-no, you can't really be here... not after all this t-time" Zach stuttered out, tripping over his words as disbelief coarsed through him. He stepped up from his bed, moving to the other side of the room to try and get away from Daniel. It was fucking his mind up more than it already had been.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Daniel chirped, a firm smile on his face. Zach couldn't help but notice that no matter how hard he tried, a look of darkness still clouded Daniel's eyes.

"Of course I'm fucking surprised, Daniel. What the fuck are you trying to play at?" I yelled at him, a sense of anger building up inside of me. Daniel gave me a bored look. "I really don't see what you're complaining about-"

"No Daniel, it doesn't work like that. You can't just disappear from my life and then pretend like you were never gone. Where have you been for the past two weeks? I waited for you, everyday. I couldn't help thinking you were gone. After all this time how was I supposed to know you'd ever come back?! You've never done that to me before.."

Zach took a deep breath, closing his eyes. He couldn't look Daniel in the face - it hurt too much. He began slowly pacing on one side of his room, still trying to avoid Daniel. He mustered the courage to speak up again.

"That's when I realised, Daniel. Having you here to hurt me is better than not having you at all. I don't care if you're real or if it's just my fucked up mind messing with me, but I need you, Daniel. I need you any way I can get you..."

Zach had slowed his pacing and now sat on his bed. He let his head fall in to his hands, taking in deep breaths.

"I'm sorry" Daniel whispered lowly. Zach looked up at Daniel, who was awkwardly standing on the corner of the other side of Zach's room. His face fell as if overcome with guilt. Zach sighed "No, I'm sorry, Daniel. I shouldn't have said that. I don't know how this works, and I'm not even sure if you do either. It just feels so shit, not knowing when you'll suddenly appear into my life. One second you're there, and the next you're gone, and things are back to normal life. The normal life which you don't exist in anymore."

Zach looked down at his feet, sadly. "I just can't deal with it anymore, I can't live wondering when I'll see you next, even if it's just for a second. I can't deal with when you go, it hurts so much and you never let me know when you're suddenly going to dissapea-"

Zach trailed off as he looked up and noticed he was talking to himself. Daniel was gone. Zach didn't know how long he had been gone for, all he knew is that, yet again, he'd left him alone and suffering. Anger built up inside Zach. He groaned, punching his pillow as he yelled. "STOP FUCKING LEAVING ME, SEAVEY! STOP FUCKING DISSAPEARING!!"