❄️ twenty nine

❄️

Elsa.

The portcullis opened and next she realized, she was now standing on the ashes of the general, feeling nothing but the freed power surging through her veins. It was exhilarating as she had them the first time, but unlike before—her demons were now her allies. Not only was she stronger but she was in control now. She was finally better.

Anna would be so proud.

No. No, she would surely not after she sees what has been done to the castle!

Elsa pours her face in the palms of her hands, ashamed of her outcomes. Once again, she was that fearful queen who created eternal winter and ran away to the Northern Mountains.

Elsa could feel it, her demons whispering and gossiping of her weakening newfound strength, planning perhaps betrayal.

"You are weakening, my Queen..."

"You're becoming unfit to rule us!"

"You weren't as strong as we thought."

The voices of hush becoming to screams, disguising as her parents' uproar and everyone her heart had warmed up to. Her demons were quite cunning to know how to hit her weakest spot with one blow.

"I believe in you, Elsa." Like a candle lit in darkness, Hiccup's voice pushes all demons. And the calm after the storm arrives with a rainbow.

❄️

Hiccup.

"Elsa. Elsa!"

Elsa jumped off the bridge, commiting suicide by drowning. Had Hiccup not arrived, the demons would've have their victory. The ice queen would be no more.

Elsa jolted upwards, puking out the remnant liquid she has inhaled while she was unconsciously below the surface.

Toothless crawled forward. Her vision still unclear, Elsa mistook the dragon as one of her demons. She mustered up all her arms' strength to strike ice, in which Hiccup immediately ruined her aim.

"Relax! It's only Toothless, my dragon."

"I'm sorry." Elsa was breathing heavily. "Toothless, I..."

The night fury forced a smile, making her frown.

"Hey. He's all right. You are too, Els, right? I'm glad though. You're alive. The castle looked like it was never there." Hiccup said. Elsa was ready to cry until—"Next time, Rorke won't get away from this...from us."

Elsa could only stare like a ghost at the ground, where dust—Rorke—was cremated by her own hands.

"Hiccup, I have to tell you something." Elsa began, thinking it was better to say sooner than later.

Hiccup kneeled down beside her, silently motioning her to continue.

"Rorke is dead. I killed him."

It was a long pause and Elsa was tempted for him to say something. But Hiccup remained speechless as he tried to come up with an idea. How did she kill a military general? Surely he had his whole army as back up—unless she went full psycho mode again. Hiccup thought.

"Are you also the one responsible for...this?" He stuttered, talking about the palace's mass destruction.

"I am." Although Rorke and his men were to blame for the castle, Elsa felt the need to take the blame, knowing had she attacked sooner, she would've reclaimed her kingdom in one piece.

"Did you turn again? Or did you let yourself be turned?"

Hiccup didn't want to say monster. The word was too painfully honest.

"I let myself be turned, but I managed to control it. Hiccup, never before in my life have I managed to control it! All my life I let my powers control me. And I wait for so long to save me. I never did needed saving.

All along, all I would need to be at my highest capabilities and still be in control is to have faith and have trust in one self. Nobody believed I could be good but Anna and Olaf, but ever since I met you and you said you trust me. It fueled me hope and optimism, two of the most important key roles of becoming a great queen and person."

Hiccup chuckled bashfully at the sight of her smile becoming a bright starlight among the night. "You're welcome then?"

She stared at him vividly for several seconds. She was leaning in, but not in a romantic way. "You're a good person, Hiccup."

"You are too. I mean you've always been."

Elsa stifled a giggle. She snakes a hand on his neck, across his shoulder blades armored with spike and steel, pulling him for a soft embrace.

Her nose inhales the natural scent of his neck. Somehow he doesn't smell bad for a viking.

❄️