❄ fifteen

Elsa.

"Elsa, what're you doing?" Hiccup had asked the moment he turns around and sees the queen herself heading towards him. "You should go with the others. To evacuate to the North Mountains."

"But I want to help." She states.

The other dragon riders have now flew off with the ships. Hiccup and Toothless were the only ones left in the docks, and some soldiers who chose to stay behind were heading back to the castle.

"Elsa, I can't take the risk. What if you'll get hurt? Get injured? Get wounded-"

"Get killed?" Elsa adds wryly, making him crease his brows to his dismay. "Hiccup, I can take care of myself. Just let me help. Look, I won't even hop out of Toothless. I'll stay with you two throughout the whole fight."

The fleet has now disappeared from the fjord, making Hiccup on the brink of two choices. Should he or should he not? Elsa clutches both of his hands in persuasion, making him look down and say under his breath, "fine. But promise me you won't leave my sight?"

"Yes! I promise." She says, exhiliratedly as she grins at him like a little girl.

Watching it all from a distance, Jack leans back to a wall without a care in the world as he also watches the queen and the dragon rider depart from the docks.

"Well, everyone has left. And I've got all of the castle to myself." Jack had told himself. "Time for some little fun."

~ ¤ ~

Jack smirks as he stealthily follows a guard on his way to the end of the hall. The guard's companion disappears into a corner, and that was when Jack took action.

The temperature drops immediately when Jack blows a deep and long breath. The guard loosens his still posture and shivers out of the cold. With a single tap of a step, ice begins to surround the hall. Jack lays back from above, about to enjoy the guard's reaction.

After making a ball of snow, Jack doesn't hesitate to throw it at the soldier. Jack quickly stifles a laugh when the guard complains loudly and turns around for the suspect. Seeing nobody, he exits the hall to tell the boss about the supernatural incident.

"Well, that was lame." Jack flatly scowls. "Guess I have to play harder this time then."

Elsa.

"There they are!" Elsa had shouted once they've detected a group of light shining from a lone island.

When Hiccup sees Arendelle's flag, he gave Toothless a command to land. The night fury safely lands ashore, right where Astrid and Rorke are talking. "Oof, sorry 'bout that." Hiccup sheepishly smiles.

Rorke groans as Astrid rolls her eyes. "Gods, Queen Elsa you shouldn't be here. This battle is too dangerous for you." Rorke quickly says after Elsa disembarks from the dragon.

"Actually General, I should be here, despite that I am the Queen." She defends herself. "And as what I heard from chess players, queens are the most powerful pieces in the game." Hiccup sees Rorke's sudden change of face.

"Let us concoct a plan when we approach the foreign 'enemies' in my tent then, Your Majesty." Rorke bows and reaches for Elsa's hand. Elsa didn't took it, instead she says, "lead the way, general."

Rorke silently sighs as he walks forward without ever turning to see if the Majesty is following. Before Elsa could request Hiccup's presence, Astrid was already dragging him away, which slightly made her frown.

Then again, it made her thought, their kiss from last night will never make a difference.

Hiccup already is engaged, and perhaps as a queen who knows better, she shouldn't be such a homewrecker. Besides, she has the most highest position in royalty. She can pick any man she wants, but not Hiccup.