Dinner

I wake up from a giggle and without opening my eyes I know that the giggle belongs to Ashton.

I open one of my eyes and see Calum and Ashton playing a video game. I yawn and stretch looking down remembering I'm still in my dress from yesterday and I still have my makeup on. I quietly grab my bag of clothes and purse and head to the bathroom to have a shower.

I quickly finish my shower and look through my clothes deciding what to wear. I grab a pair of jeans and a long sleeve v-neck black shirt. I get dressed and then brush my hair then apply my makeup. I look in the mirror for a minute more making sure I look alright.

I brush my teeth and then gather everything I brought in with me. I drop my stuff back in Luke's room, the noise making everyone turn to look at me. "Good morning." Luke says.

"Morning." I say then go to grab my laptop.

I log into my school's website to see if there is anything new up. I see a post of people gathering around a grave, one of the professors passed away. On the website they're a lot of writing about the professor telling him to 'rest in peace' and that 'he will be missed'. I post a message that matched the others then logged off.

I just want to go back to school so I can hurry up and move to the next stage of my life. I go on YouTube and watch random videos.

"What are you going?" Ashton asks sitting next to me.

"Absolutely nothing." I say closing my laptop.

"Have you even had your coffee yet this morning?"

"Nope."

"I like your makeup by the way."

"Thanks?"

"Could I ask you a question?" Ashton says as I hear my phone get an email.

"Go for it." I say opening the email realizing it's from the professor in America. I start to read the email,

Dear Evelyn,

Some of the professors sent over your reports and a large number of people are interested. If you send an an essay of why you think you should be brought over to our school then you will be accepted and find yourself a job very shortly after.

I hope this is what you've been waiting for,

Professor Genna.

"Oh my gosh." I say out loud.

"If you don't want to I understand." Ashton says.

"What?" I forgot he was talking to me.

He gets up, "Never mind."

An essay of why I should be accepted into the school. I open my laptop and then a word document. I try to start typing but then notice as everything around me starts to get louder and louder the more I try to focus.

I close my laptop, put it in its bag and then ask Ashton if he could drive me to the library. He drives and the whole way is silent which I'm thankful for.

What reasons are there that the best school in America would want?

Once I get into the library I try to think of what to write. This one essay could change my whole life, I need this to be perfect! It takes hours for me to finally start typing. Unfortuanly after I finish the first paragraph the library closes. I pack up my stuff and then start on the long walk. I know I could easily call someone to get me but i tend to do my best thinking when I'm walking.

By the time I get to Luke's it's eleven at night. I try to open the door but it's locked and I don't have a key. I quietly knock on the door not wanting to walk someone up if they're sleeping. After a few minutes of no answer I try a little harder and this time Luke answers the door, "Where have you been?" He asks letting me in.