Hospital News

I read a book that Ashton brought me. 

After a couple hours I see a figure walk into the room and I look up expecting the doctor... It's not.

Beside me stands a police officer holding a file. I try to swallow but it's a lot harder than normal. Something is wrong, why is he here?

"Ms. Adoms?" He asks. 

Ashton stands up from his seat and stands on the other side of the bed, "Yes, that's me. Eve Adoms."

"We have to ask that your friend here steps out of the room what I have to ask you is confidential."

Ashton looks at me and I shake my head, "I'll be fine." I tell him. He squeezes my hand and then walks out of the room.

"Evelyn Adoms, you know that we went to your fathers house this morning to talk and to take him into custody correct?" He asks.

"Ashton told me yes."

"When we arrived at the home there wasn't a response so we had to break in. We searched the house and he was in the basement." He then takes a long break so I speak.

"He went there a lot when I was younger."

"We are pretty sure we found him dead." He says and I feel my eyes widen.

"What do you mean you're pretty sure?" I can't help but ask.

"We tried to find your mother for the confirmation but we couldn't find her. I hate to have to ask you after everything you went through, he's probably the last face you want to see right now but I need you to tell me if this is indeed your father." He says pulling out a page from the folder and handing it to me.

I look at the page into who I can tell right away is my fathers empty eyes. 

"Can you tell if that is him or not Ms. Adoms."

I nod my head, "It's him."

"Thank you, I'm sorry for your lose." He says. I hear the sound of pen on paper.

I start to shake my head not understanding, "How did this happen?"

"Drug overdose we are guessing. His body is getting analyzed at the lab right now." He says and then as he grabs the photo I notice something in the corner and quickly snatch it back.

"That is that?" I ask seeing something written on the wall.

"It was all over the walls in the basement. They look as if they've been there for years upon years. I hate to leave but I have to get back." He says as I hand him the picture.

"No I understand."

"Sorry again."

"Thanks." I say and then he walks out of the room letting Ashton back in minutes later.

"What was that about?" He asks.

"My father." I tell him trying to find a spot to focus after what I just found out.

"Is the bastard in custody?" 

I look into his eyes, "He's dead."

He stands there speechless. "I don't know what to say."

"I just want to get out of this room, this place, I need air." My breath starts getting shortened and things start to blur. I hate panic attacks.

I hear muffled voices and feel my whole stomach turn upside down resulting in my throwing up.

Nurses take me the best they can without hurting me to get cleaned up but I don't feel like I'm here. It doesn't feel like they are beside me, like any of it is real. This must be all a dream.