Polish

It was a rainy, dreary Thursday in Seattle. I tuned out Ashton unconsciously as she was asking me which color she should get her nails done. Another one of the most important games of my life was about to occur Saturday. The Hawks were in the playoffs and we had to take on the New Orleans Saints. The last thing I wanted to do was talk about nail polish.

"Babe? Babe?! Are you even listening to me? You never listen! All you care about is football. Ugh!" An irritated Ashton exclaimed.

"Ashton, I wasn't purposely ignoring you, you know my mind is on this game coming up. Why don't you represent your husband and get seafoam green and dark blue?" I recommended.

"Hmm. Sounds nice. Maybe a black would look better? Yes let's do black." A smiling Ashton said, as she grabbed my face and gave me a kiss. Whatever I say, she does the exact opposite, but gets uptight when I become dejected.

After she got out of the car, I decided to drive around to my favorite smoothie place, "The Juicy Cafe" in downtown Seattle. There was only one other person in their when I walked in. It was a very attractive young woman who was on her Macbook Pro, staring intently at the screen. I am a normal here at the Cafe. I never seen her before. 

I'm ready for this day to go by. At home my mind isn't clear anymore. It's most clear when I'm out there on the turf. I'm designed for that.