Survival for the fittest

"Why are we here again?" asks Jungkook for the third times

He is squatting and he look bored.

The warden has dropped Vante, Jungkook and the others to a nearby deserted island. No jailer replies their numerous questions.

Vante stares around. No sign of human settlements nearby. They are in a deserted island in international territory. No man land.

RM rubs his head.

Then he asks, "Do you mind answering it?"

Vante sighs. The sun looks bright today. He stares down to the sand below his feet.

"Answer him!" yells Jimin.

He is usually the jester in their group. To see him lost his patience is rare situation.

Vante rises his head.

He asks, "Do you choose this place or bottom of the sea?"

No one replies him.

"Your executions were scheduled tonight. I argued with the warden. The punishment would be done here."

RM asks, "We are going to be killed here?"

"No. Stay alive for three days. And each of you would be granted a second chance. Start again in the game."

Jin tilts his head a little before he asks, "Hard to believe the warden is acting nice. Are you sure you aren't lying to us?"

Vante closes his eyes. He refused to reply any further.

"Just three days, guys. We could do this. Don't want to be fish food," comments Jimin.

Jungkook stares to V before he shakes his head.

RM asks, "Where are you going?"

"Food and water. We must search them immediately before sunset," replies Jungkook.

The others have gone to search for food and water. Leaving V alone in the beach.

"How much you're ready to sacrifice, boy? If you failed, you shall execute them alone. Be the one whom made Shin-Ra proud."

"I will do it. Just give them a chance to prove themselves."

Vante opens his eyes. He stares the others backs. They are heading into the forest to look for resources.

How could I tell them I have to kill them later?

He kicks a stone on the sand to the ocean. It sinks into the bottom.

Vante jammed his hands to his pants pockets. He stares to the ship. It's sailing away from this deserted island.

The deal was simple. Keep all of them alive. And they are off the hook.