23. Liz

V is sitting on a bench near their bungalow. He has just been released from the hospital yesterday.

It's around nine in the night. Students are still passing in front of him, heading to their bungalows. They greet V when they see him. He only nods to them.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened," asks Liz.

She sits next to him. There is forty centimeters apart between them.

It's weird for her to seek V. She usually avoids him like pest.

"I'm fine. It's just nothing feel the same anymore."

He has stabbed Jimin. He still has nightmares until now. Jimin has passed the critical condition. No one is allowed to see him until now.

V kept staring to his hands.

"I felt awful. I couldn't stop washing my hands. Everytime I close my eyes, I kept having this nightmare. Jimin is wounded. And I'm laughing like a mad man. Leaving him to die..."

"You have to forgive yourself. A dream is just a dream. A way of your heart to ease the pain."

"Oh, yeah? How could you know it?"

Liz looks bored when she responds, "Basic psychology. Everyone knows it."

V yawns loudly. He hasn't been able to sleep lately. Haunted by endless nightmares. He is dozing off on the bench.

Liz gasps when V falls asleep on his shoulder. He is snoring faintly. Her face reddened. Everyone in her class has dreamed about V at least once. From closer look, he is more handsome than all the gossips about him.

"You must be tired. Sleep well..." whispers her softly.

Liz couldn't leave without waking him up. V looks very tired. He needs more sleep. Stabbing your best friend must have broken his heart.

Fifty minutes have passed when someone screams from nearby bungalow .

V got awakened. He rubs his face and then he yawns.

"Sorry..."

He lifts his head from her shoulder. Liz moves her arms to relax the stiff shoulders.

"Sorry," apologizes V again.

Liz is frozen when she feels his hands are massaging her stiff shoulders.

"Let me help you. It's my fault anyway."

V starts to massage her gently.

"Oh, that's good...Oh..."

V immediately releases her. He rubs his face and then he scratches his head. Her moan has given him weird improper thoughts.

"I have to go..." says him hurriedly.

"Okay. Sleep well."

V goes into the bungalow and then he sighs. That was the best sleep he has for days. He yawns again. His doctor has prescribed sleeping pills for him. V never drink them. He doesn't want to be dependent on the pills.

He lies down again on his bed. He stares to Jimin's empty bed. He stares to his hands.

"Would you stop washing hands? Since when you become a clean freak?" asks Jungkook.

He is busy typing in his laptop. His last game was a success. The teacher challenged him to make a new game.

V stares to his hands when he replies, "My hands have been tainted. I kept feeling Jimin's blood on them."

"Not your fault, V. Stop blaming yourself."

"Wish I could."

Jungkook asks, "Who's your new girlfriend? I saw you two earlier."