17

I wake up with my arms wrapped around Y/N and my face shoved into her neck. I felt bad about last night, so stayed with her so she wouldn't wake up alone. I take a big whiff of her sweet smell. I leave a few gentle kisses on the skin of her neck.

Y/N POV

"Mmm...morning..." I grumbled happily still half asleep. I feel soooo warm. I yawn and cracked my neck rolling my head around.

"Morning..." I turned to see Namjoon laying in my bed with me. The whole warm atmosphere died when I fully recollected what happened last night.

My face heated up remembering how he touched me. I quickly looked away. "I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you. Please, forgive me." He leans up and rests my his hand on my knee.

"I only had one cup, Joon. I couldn't have been that drunk. I know I asked for it. If I had to redo last night, I would do it the same way." I smile finally making eye contact with him. We smiled at each other for awhile.

He finally looks away breaking the silence. "What are we gonna do about Jungkook?" I can sense his heart break in his question.

I feel so selfish.

"And why can't you just ask him out like a normal human?" Nikki giggled while she watched me pull out some red thread from my drawer filled to the brim with arts and craft supplies.

"If I just say it he won't understand the feeling behind my words." I say positioning a blue ribbon around the neck of a bear.

"I'm sure the rest of the ninth grade girls are gonna give their valentines a chocolate bar and a card." Nikki rolled her eyes and sat my bed and played with her phone.

"Well, I'm not the rest of the ninth grade girls. I'm my my own ninth grade girl. I'm sure Kook will appreciate his present."
I smiled as I started to embroider the satin blue ribbon with letters.

"He better! You handmade him chocolate cake and and his card bedazzled enough to blind him. Maybe sewing both of your guys' name on a bear is a little extreme." She finally looked at me.

"Extreme is what I'm going for." I smiled as I finished embroidering our names on the opposite ends of the blue sash that tied around the white teddy bear.

I placed the sparkling pink card on the royal blue box with the cake I made him in it. I put al of his gifts in a pink bag with the of the bear slightly sticking out. I tied a white ribbon into a bow on the handles to keep the bag closed. I had went to sleep awaiting the morning to come.

"Wow, this is so much!" Jungkook smiled happily opening the bag. He first pulled out the card and then read it aloud.

"You're the most precious thing to me and you always will be...Awww I love it, Y/N!" He wrapped arms around me tightly.

"Yeah yeah, I know...did you see the bear?" Asked as I pulled away from him to see his gorgeous face.

"Yes! It is adorable both our names were stitched on the little ribbon. Y/N, you're the best friend I could ever have." He pulled me in for another suffocating hug.

"Friend..."

I buried my face in my pillows and let out soft painful whimpers. "How did I wuss out for the third year in a row?" I scolded myself and choked on my own cries.

I heard shuffling from underneath my bed. "Not now, monster." I faced my wall crying some more.

Suddenly, it started to sing to me.

"I've been thinkin' bout you
for quite a while.
You're on my mind everyday and night.
My every thought is you.
The things you do
seems so satisfying to me.
I must confess it, girl.

I like it

You send chills up my spine
every time I take one look at you

I like it

You're blowin' my mind
with the things you say to me.

I like the way you comb your hair.
And I like those stylish clothes you wear.
It's just the little things you do
that show how much you really care.

Like when I all alone with you.
You know exactly what to do.
To take that fire side of me
and make it more than just a dream."

He has been watching me chase after this boy that just plays with my emotions. Day after day, I complain to him about how he will never love me, and all for me to say I love him unconditionally. I never, not even once, have I considered his feelings. From him hiding under my bed making music with me to escorting me to my formal. Even pressuring him to touch me knowing he wouldn't have rejected me. Not once had I thought of him and his feelings. I'm a piece of shit.

"Nothing." I say. He looks confused and tilts his head a bit.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

I pause. I grab his hand and hold it up to my chest.

"He has Nikki...

...and I have you."

(885 words)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: yooo we hit 2k reads thank you guys so much🥰🥰
ˢᵀᴬᵞ ᴳᵁᶜᶜᴵ!!