Chapter 10: The Ball

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or the concept of Harry Potter, they all belong to J.K. Rowling.

~The day of the Ball~

-Luna-

It was the day of the Ball, Luna needed to get ready. First, she needed to change. She went to the bathroom and got a long, warm shower. She slipped on her clothes, she then took her perfume and sprayed it to her. She went out of her room and went down to the Common Room. She then saw Cho, Padma, Parvati, Ginny, and Hermione waiting for her.
"Finally! Took you long enough." Ginny groaned.
"Sorry, Ginny." Luna giggled.
"Where are we going again?" Parvati asked cluelessly.
"Hogsmeade!" The rest groaned, Parvati looked down embarrassed as Luna pat her back, giggling.

The girls walked in the hallways in partners, linking arms. Hermione with Luna, Padma with Parvati, Cho with Ginny. They were about to leave the school when someone called them from behind. The girls turned around to find the owner of the voice who called, it was Professor Snape. "May I ask you a question, ladies?" Professor Snape asked in a deep, stern voice. The girls nodded and Professor began to open his mouth.
"Where do you think you're going?" Professor Snape asked.
"To H-Hogsme—" The girls were then interrupted.
"Professor!" Another voice called. Professor Snape turned around to see Professor McGonagall.
"I believe they got my permission to visit Hogsmeade. They need to get ready for the Ball later this evening." Professor McGonagall explained.
"Very Well." Professor Snape replied and walked away and went back inside the castle. Professor McGonagall then turned around to look at the girls and smile, the girls returned a smile back to the Professor. "Now, do you girls have a date to the Ball?" Professor McGonagall asked, the girls nodded in reply. "Very well, I wish you all good luck." The Professor then winked at them, "Thank you, Professor!" The girls said in unison as they walk away and wave.

The girls arrived at Hogsmeade, it was a bit crowded since students need to get ready. They then headed to Gladrags Wizardwear. They all picked out some dressses. Hermione picked out a violet, off the shoulder gown. It had somewhat look like lavender petal in the upper part of her dress that faded once it got to the lower waist. It made an ombré effect. As for Luna, she picked a blue ombré, off the shoulder gown. It was embroidered with royal blue leaves with lace in the hemline. Ginny picked an orange, puffy, of the shoulder gown. It had orange layered ruffles. Cho picked a pink, tulle, of the shoulder gown. It had long sheer as sleeves and 3D flowers. The Patil twins picked out a red and white, tulle gown. It's sleeves are made of sheer and with silver lace. The girls were done shopping and decided to take a visit in The Three Broomsticks. They all ordered butterbeers as Cho then started a conversation. "So, who's your date, Hermione?" Cho asked. Hermione blushed at the question. "It's umm.. H-Harry." Hermione blushed hardly whilst Ginny looked at her with a sad expression in her face, she knew Ron had liked her. "How about you, Ginny?" Hermione asks, "It's Dean." Ginny says proudly then smirked. "How about you, Padma?" Ginny then asks, "Neville asked me to the Ball with him." Padma answered. "You, Cho?" Padma asks, "Terry Boot" Cho replied. "Parvati?" She asks again. "Seamus, me and Padma were asked at the same time." Parvati explained. Everyone turned to look at Luna as she was the last one to ask. "Luna?" They asks in unison. "D-Draco Malfoy." Luna stuttered, "DRACO MALFOY?!" Everyone asks except for Hermione, Luna blushed as she nods. She was embarrassed that she suggested to go back to the castle. Everyone nodded and headed straight back to the castle. The three Gryffindor separated to the Ravenclaws so they can get ready.

The three Ravenclaw sat down in the couch waiting for Luna to explain. "Y-You and Draco? Since when?" Padma asks, "He just asked me out, we're not dating." Luna explained, the two nodded, "Yet." Cho replied, Luna blushed hardly as the two laugh. "Well, as long you're happy, we're happy." Padma explained as she pat Luna in the shoulder, Luna gave a smile and stood up. "Come on, let's change now." She suggested and the two also stood up.