Chapter 28 "What is wrong with her?"

The toddler was awake, but very groggy. I released Taylor from my grip and found myself staring at her now very dim shade of blue, eyes. "Hey." I said softly. I heard her sheets rustle. "Babe, why were you screaming? Did something hurt you?" Darcy's eyes roamed the room. She did't even look me in the eye.

"Darcy? Do you remember what happened?" Taylor asked. Darcy shook her head.

"Am I gonna end up like mummy?" Darcy asked. Her voice cracked and she began to cry. Taylor ran to her side.

"No baby no. Your Daddy and I are gonna take care of you." Taylor cooed. She wrapped the toddler in her arms as she quieted down. Truth be told, you could tell Taylor really loved Darcy. Even If she didn't remember anything from all the aftermath of the beatings and the drugs, she cared.

Taylor was family

---------------------------

"So we're gonna run a few scans just to check everything out. She'll be here for a while." The doctor told us in the morning. I nodded and rubbed my now, coated in stubble, jawline.

"Harry, can you come home for an hour?" Louis asked.

"Louis what if she-"

"Harry, just go. We can take care of her. You haven't eaten or slept. You look horrible. The fans are horrified at the ambulances. No paparazzi has seen you out of this hospital and everyone thinks you are the one in that room. Please, go home for an Hour." Zayn demanded. His arm was wrapped around Taylor, as she slept blissfully on his shoulder.

"Okay. One hour. Call me if they say anything okay?" Zayn tossed Louis keys and nodded.

"Come on Hazza." He called out as he motioned me towards the door. Thankfully, the security of the hospital forced the paps away. So nobody could see how gruesome I looked. Truthfully, I didn't feel like myself either. We got inside of the car and rode bak to the flat.

"I'm gonna take a shower. I feel... disgusting." I told Louis once we had arrived.

"Alright. Take all the time you need."

"Trust me. I don't wanna see that hospital either. I wanna see whom is in the hospital Lou." I replied. I shuffled around in my drawers a bit before begining my shower. Somehow it seemed like the water drained everything away. I stood under the hot water for a long time. Letting all the horrible thoughts in my mind kinda, drift off into the drain. I turned of the water and wrapped a towel around my waist. I stood in front of the mirror and something caught my eye. 17 bright pink implements, coating my inner wrist. I don't even remember doing it. I had done it with Darcy in La... Maybe at Marie's gravestone... At the hospital? How did they get there? Did I do it subconsciously? I must have. I'm stopping now that's all that matters. I shaved my stubble off and clothed myself before exiting the bathroom. Louis had his glasses on... Hadn't seen those in a while.. And he was staring at a computer.

"Lou?" I asked. He looked up and sighed.

"Harry, sit down." I sat down on the chair across from him. "Harry, I thought you stopped."

"Stopped what? Cutting?"

"Not only that. I thought you stopped caring." I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" There goes my accent again. Exaggerating my 'What'

"Harry. I think I know what's wrong with you."

"What's wrong with me?"

"Yes... Harry, you have borderline personality disorder."

"No I don't I'm just up-"

"Harry, let me finish." I closed my mouth. "Harry, you cut yourself, you can't handle being in a relationship, and quite frankly neither can I. You claimed to have seen Marie in the graveyard. You think you are a bad person all the time. You use me. You use us."

"What are you talking about? I don't use you."

"Harry, Kissing you... I'm not... Fully out there. Being with you isn't gonna work out. I think you need help."

"No, I don't! Louis haters bring me down, I did see Marie, I have been single for a while Lou, and I personally think I'm a terrible parent"

"Harry, you are a great parent."

"Then where is my daughter and why isn't she in my arms fast asleep as I read her a bedtime story?" I replied. I had always dreamt about doing that to be honest.

"No one can go through this alone Harry. Neither can Darcy. I know what's wrong with her too."

"Wh... What is wrong with her?" I asked eagerly.

"Harry, I think she has depression." I rolled my eyes. "Har-reh! This is serious!"

"Louis she is only 4, turning 5 in a few months, she isn't depressed!" I chuckled

"Harry! Look at the facts! She's distant all of a sudden. She sleeps 20 out of the 24 hours a day. She's so clingy to you. She has crying fits a lot. She screamed in her sleep for gods sake!"

"Louis come on, she isn't depressed."

"She watched her mother die Harry. If I saw my mum die I'd be carving my wrist up like a piece of meat!"

"To far." I mumbled.

"Sorry, but really Harry. Are you blind to this? She is depressed. She misses her mum beyond compare. She misses her so much she'll need psychological help soon" I let his words stir in my mind.

Darcy is... Depressed?