POV Fiona: I Know Something's Up

I'm home, it's dinner. I'm at the table playing with my green peas that's laying on my plate, as my parents gives each other death glares across the table. Usually, I pay more attention to this and try to break the tension that's in the air but this time.. my mind was somewhere else.

   I know what I felt, why was he making it seem it was dangerous to get close to him? Why make it seem crazy to even stay in the same space with each other?

   My mind is in deep thoughts as my dad specks to my mom "I'm just saying, If Fiona feels she wants to go away to college, that's out of state. Let her. It's her choice." my mom fires back "Oh that's just rich coming from you, Jerry. Have you forgotten who is the only one working? I'm sure Fiona is considering staying. Right here, New York. Isn't that right Fiona?"

   I'm finally caught up in the conversation. We were talking about college. I was only a sophomore.. I literally had two years under my belt to consider my options. But, I was never considering staying in New York. And the fact that mom think I was, meant that she only gives the thought of me leaving less thought then dad's work ethics.

   I look to her "Umm, I haven't thought about it. I still have two years. I'm not in a hurry to choose where I go yet.." mom sighs "It doesn't matter if you only got two years." she starts cleaning up the table, while dad get's up to do what he usually does. Watch the game.

   As I'm hearing the sounds of dishes getting cleaned and put away. She continues the conversation from the kitchen "You should really consider your options now. Two years goes by very quickly. You shouldn't waste time. Colleges in New York are very complex with their deadlines."

   How do you tell your mom, that you aren't thinking of staying in New York to do College?

   Answer? I didn't.

   I nod.

   "Okay mom. I'll consider them now. I just want to weigh my options, and see if I get a scholarship or full ride first." I mumble under my breathe "Because there are outter options I am considering as well." Mom yells from the kitchen "I'm sorry sweetie. What did you say?" I quickly recover "Nothing mom! I'm going up to my room."

   I went up the stairs and up to my bedroom, to do some major reflecting and thinking. I feel today was just more then I can chew. First, it was this morning with my mom and dad fighting. Second, it was Ajar. Third, it's mom talking about college, thinking I'll stay in New York, having mom and dad fighting to come to an agreement.

   Ugh!

   I was getting sick of everything. I wanted to have fun for once. Get noticed for once!

   My cell phone rings as I'm standing by my bedroom door. I walked over to check the caller I.D and it looks like one of my friends seemed to have read my mind.

   "Hey, Sasha. What's up?" I could hear her excitement "Girl, you better put on your most sexiest outfit and heels because we are going clubbing tonight." I sighed over the phone. Sometimes I feel Sasha forgets how old we are "How are we going to go clubbing, Sasha? We're not even eighteen yet." I felt she was smiling over the phone because something told me she had everything already handled "Well, no need to worry about that. Turns out, there is this guy that likes me and his brother is the club owner. I don't know much about him but when I heard he liked me, let's just say 'I took advantage of it' Pluuuusss, he is super sexy. So, I might actually go out with him." I sighed over the phone, I knew I said I wanted to have fun. But did I really want to use this guy and be at the risk of getting arrested for being underage?

   "Sasha, I get you want to go out and all. But can you reconsider for a second, all the possibilities of the things that could go wrong tonight?" she giggles over the phone "Girl, come on. Put away your straight A student cape tonight and just come have fun. Forget about the responsibilities, forget about being underage, forget about high school, and forget about all the drama of college that every parent puts on us." I was starting to see her point actually. Forgetting about being a responsibly teen did seem nice and less stressful.