Beautiful Chaos Chapter 6: The Babysitter

Chapter 6: The Babysitter

"When everyone's talking, you can make a stand'Cause even in the dark I feel your resistanceYou can see my heart burning in the distanceBaby, baby, baby, I'm your man (yeah)

'Cause even in the dark I feel your resistance
You can see my heart burning in the distance
Baby, baby, baby, I'm your man (yeah)

You lose your way, just take my hand
You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am
I'm your man
I'm your man

Catch a wave and take in the sweetness
Take in the sweetness
You want this, you need this
Are you ready for it?
Are you ready for it? Are you ready for it?"

-Lana Del Rey

Iris was so lost in a daze that she forgot what she was even doing. Joker looked like he was about to be down for the count tonight.

He was beyond exhausted and his head was spinning. She saw he was curling up and looked like he was cold so she went to her hall closet and pulled out a soft, warm blanket for him.

He was shutting his eyes tightly and holding his aching ribs and trying to finally sleep, on top of making an attempt to not embarrass himself and or vomit his guts up onto her clean floor.

He had not felt this dizzy sick feeling since he was a teenager and wanted so badly to somehow have friends and fit in that he let a bunch of his much less socially inept and normal classmates to get him absolutely drunk while at a party.

He was of course only invited because these other kids knew he liked this one girl and they told him to come because she wanted him to and he was so thrilled, but he would soon come to find that it was all joke and that maybe he was just a joke too.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

An Arthur memory....

This pretty girl he liked, who was also in on it, was there and was friendly with him and saw how he was bashful and shyly smiling in her presence and that only gave her more ammo to load her heartless pistol with so that she could shoot him down unexpectedly.

She was having a beer and the other kids were too, but Arthur had never even had one drink in his life and when they offered him some with deceptive smiles he shook his head nervously.

The pretty girl looked at him with lovely, serpent eyes and batted her long black lashes making him even more nervous, which of course made him get that awful feeling and he knew what it was...he was going to laugh and he wished so badly that he could control it.

He was starting to laugh and saw how his fellow classmates looked at him smiling, some laughing while others whispered in each other's ears. Arthur could feel their mean looks and insidious smiles stab his already weakened self worth like a rusty blade.