Beautiful Chaos Chapter 10: The Flecks of the Iris

Beautiful Chaos 🥀

Chapter 10: The Flecks in the Iris

Iris could not seem to stop smiling

Iris could not seem to stop smiling. She raised her arm and put her hand on the back of her head and said, "Yes, I know your name now. I've seen you on the bus a lot and as I said before I even tried to help you one time when you were very sick, but you resisted me and stumbled off of the bus and you were just...gone"

Arthur's eyes seemed to suddenly become soft and he simply looked at her in disbelief for a moment. He didn't think she would have remembered him much at all and then he began to feel embarrassed and even, guilty that she had to deal with him in such an embarrassing state.

Only someone like Arthur would think that being horribly sick, like he was that day, would be something to be embarrassed of; which was and is very much how he treats his mental health issues, except...they would never truly be gone like something as simple as the flu.

they would never truly be gone like something as simple as the flu

"Arthur?" Iris asked, softly.

He fluttered his eyes, bringing him back into the present moment, looked down timidly and said, "Yeah, I do remember most of it and I apologize for bothering you with all that"

Iris saw the way he looked down like a shy little boy and felt so sad that Arthur felt he needed to apologize for needing help. She knelt looked at him, smiled earnestly and said to him, "Hey, there is absolutely no need to apologize for needing help when you're suffering, Arthur"

His eyes gazed up at her face for a moment and he felt his own face flush when he saw she was looking at him, too and he suddenly felt his blood begin to race when he noticed the beautiful shape of her burgundy painted lips. He instantly imagined how magnificent it would be to kiss them and feel their softness and warmth on his own, even though his lips were not radiant like hers. His own lips felt cold, dry and starved. Starved for the perfect kiss from the perfect woman and he wished with all of his shredded heart that it would be her.