Chapter 49: "Wonderland"

Beautiful Chaos 🖤

Chapter 49: Wonderland

🖤

Arthur leaned forward, and slowly brought his lips to hers and they were gone; off to the stars, all from a kiss

Arthur leaned forward, and slowly brought his lips to hers and they were gone; off to the stars, all from a kiss. Their hearts united like two beautiful serpents wrapping around eachother; venom dripping from their fangs.

They both laughed together, but Arthur was feeling weak again and laid back down. Iris brought the back of her hand to his cheek and said, "You're so...cold..." There was a shudder in her voice, as she spoke. She felt like she was now in a horror movie, not a romance, or....perhaps, a lovely mixture of the two.

Arthur, even in his weakened state, took a drag of his cigarette and murmured, "I'll be fine, Iris"

"But, Arthur...something just feels...wrong, and...y-you feel almost...dead..."

Arthur stared deeply into her wide blue eyes; his own eyes looking like two brilliant green marbles, vivid and intense. with almost a sort of glint in them, like shining a flashlight in the eyes of a wolf. For some reason, Iris felt her heart speed up, her blood warming up inside of her.

"Maybe I am", he chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. Iris was not amused.

He saw how anger flashed in her icy, arctic, eyes when he spoke so matter-of-fact about something very serious. He still was sad and she knew that, but she needed to know what was going on.

Arthur's smile dropped immediately when he saw the look on her face, and so did his racing heart. He wasn't good at telling someone bad news, especially to someone he loves so much and also he was frightened if something did happen to him, if she would even be able to take it. If he ended up locked up in Arkham, or dead, either way, he wouldn't get to know how she was, or hear her voice, touch her soft hand, embrace her, kiss her...nothing...

Either way, he would he in an unreachable place. Two separate worlds. One, where a deal was made with the internal, black shadow-demon, that has taken over a broken soul. The other...A world where another broken soul drifts aimlessly, caught between two different planes of existence; her hand reaching for the stars, her ankle being tugged on by the vicious hand of temptation...