26

You stare over at Jimin, who's focused on driving. He doesn't give you another glance as he just grips onto the steering wheel. You furrow your eyebrows, growing confused as to why he was quiet during the rest of your time eating dessert. You didn't ask for dessert for him to be upset with you.

"Yes, Y/N?" he asks, not looking at you as he senses you staring at him. You lift your eyebrows before you turn in your seat, your entire body facing Jimin as he still lacks eye contact. You watch as he stops at a red light and reach over, placing both of your hands on his face as you gently make him turn towards you. His eyes are harsh, lacking emotion until his eyes meet yours. His hazel eyes soften as he melts into your touch, staring at you.

"Why are you angry at me?" you ask, tilting your head to the side as you speak. Jimin lets out a soft sigh before he shakes his head. He releases the steering wheel to place his hand on your face, gently stroking your cheekbone with his thumb. He glances down at your lips before he licks his own.

"I'm not angry at you." He states quietly, insecurity present in his voice. You furrow your eyebrows and lean in a little, unconvinced of his answer. You arch an eyebrow before he lets out another sigh, leaning back in his seat as he leans away from you, his touch leaving your face. He combs his fingers through his hair as he then thinks to himself for a moment. He takes a deep breath before turning to you. "Why did I get a bad feeling that Jungwoo or Jungkook, whatever his name is, has a crush on you?" he asks before licking his lips and making eye contact with you.

"H-he asked me out a few weeks ago... I turned him down." You say and he nods to himself. "I told him I was kind of seeing someone... that was when we were getting to know each other. That's why I wanted to clarify things with you about our situation." You mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Jimin. You felt his eyes on you as you felt yourself growing smaller and smaller under his gaze.

You didn't know what it was about Jimin, but he can be an adorable, harmless puppy one minute then an intimidating, strong man the next. Maybe this is what intrigued you to him. You felt your breath get stuck in your throat as Jimin's hand rested under your chin, gently lifting it up so your eyes meet his. He stares at you curiously, examining your eyes and face before he pulls away from you.

The red light turns green and Jimin's foot slams on the accelerator, his hands gripping tightly on the wheel before he makes a sharp turn, pulling over onto a side street. He pulls the car to a stop and places it in park before unbuckling his seatbelt and turning to you. You look around at the buildings near you before furrowing your eyebrows and looking at Jimin.

"W-where are we going?" you ask. Jimin's face remains serious before he turns his body to fully face you, crossing his legs as he sits more comfortably.

"Nowhere," he starts before he licks his lips once more. "Y/N, I really like you. I really want that to be known right now." He simply states before looking up at you.

"I like you too, Jimin." You say before smiling at him, glancing down as you speak again. "But why did you get so jealous? Do you not trust that I'll follow our contract?" you inquire as you look up to Jimin's eyes. He clenches his jaw for a moment before speaking.

"I do trust you. I just... I've had bad experiences with friends with benefits." He responds.

"What kind of experiences?" A soft sigh escapes Jimin's lips before he places his thumb and index finger on the sides of the bridge of his nose. He then closes his eyes tightly for a moment before looking at you once more, his body shifting nervously as he starts to speak.

"Y/N, remember those dance trophies and certificates in my garage?" You nod your head slowly, eyebrows furrowing as you feel yourself growing confused. "There's a reason they're in my garage."