57

You're at work.

Jimin hasn't come into the office since the breakup. They've had someone else come with Sowon to represent their company during the joint meetings.

You're relieved he's not here, but you're still hurting inside because Sowon is here, constantly reminding you of the argument that caused you to snap and end the relationship.

Only your family and friends know about the breakup. At work, you've been avoiding the breakroom, eating at your desk for lunch, and rushing out of the office as soon as your shift ends. Usually, you don't rush to get home because of traffic, but lately you don't want to deal with anyone asking you why you're acting differently.

You're at your desk, filling out paperwork on your computer as you keep your focus on the screen. You don't see Jungkook sitting at his desk as he stares over at you, curiously watching you.

"Hey Y/N!" You hear an enthusiastic voice behind you, causing you to jump in your seat. Your hand finds its way to your chest as you calm yourself before turning to face the person. Taken aback, you widen your eyes up at the person.

"Hoseok... hey..." you awkwardly state. His head tilts to the side as he stares down at you, his smile faltering a little at the tone of your voice.

"Not happy to see me?" he asks before his smile drops entirely. His shoulders slump a little as he stares down at you. You immediately hold both of your hands out and start to shake them as you speak.

"N-no! It's not that!" you state, causing Hoseok's ears to perk up. "I just... you scared me and I'm not feeling like myself lately." You let out a soft sigh before he nods his head slowly. "Anyways, what brings you here?" you ask before softly smiling up at the man.

"I was just stopping by to see my dad about something but figured I'd say hello to you to." He smiles.

"In that case, hi." You state with a soft smile. He nods his head and softly laughs.

"You know, I haven't heard from J-"

Oh god, don't say his name. Please don't say his name.

"Hoseok!" you hear a deeper enthusiastic voice echoing throughout the office. Turning your head, you see Mr. Jung coming up to Hoseok.

"Hey, dad." He says with a smile before giving his dad a hug.

"What brings you here?" he asks before glancing down at you. He lifts his eyebrows before looking over to Hoseok. "Son, no dating my employees." He jokes before nudging him. Hoseok smiles and shakes his head.

"As pretty as Y/N is," he states before winking over at you. "I'm not dating Y/N. She's dating my friend. You remember Ji-" You stand up behind Mr. Jung and immediately begin shaking your head and gesturing for him not to say it. He glances at you, his head tilting to the side for a moment before he closes his mouth for a moment.

"Who? Jin? Ji-young? Ji-won?" Mr. Jung persists before turning around to face you. You immediately stop making the gestures and smile at Mr. Jung.

"Yes, you got me. She's dating Ji-won." Hoseok states before looking over at you. You glance behind Mr. Jung to see Jungkook staring at the three of you curiously. Avoiding eye contact, you turn back to Mr. Jung.

"That's a shame," Mr. Jung states before turning to you. "Jimin mentioned how he'd take you on a date if he wasn't working here." He states. You feel a pain forming in your heart at this sentence but manage to give a small smile at Mr. Jung.