A Little Comfort

Dismissal...

"So how did it go?"

"What did the principal say?!"

Y/N patiently tried to answer Kou and Yashiro's pile of questions.

"He said he'll contact the CPS." She said simply.

That seemed to calm down Kou, but Yashiro, ever since hearing Y/N did not open up to her about her past tendencies, immediately jumped to wanting to help her.

"Do you want to stay over at my house?" She asked, looking at her meaningfully.

"Ah..." Y/N felt herself tense, wondering if she should say the truth or not.

Yashiro looked up at her with curled, determined fists.

"Please don't keep anything away from me!" Daikon cried, eyes shining desperately. "I don't want you to keep anything! I want to help!"

Y/N nervously wrung her fingers. Kou tilted his head curiously.

"Are you just going to stay with Hanako-san?"

"Yeah! That!" Y/N hastily nodded.

Yashiro's determined stance drooped. Y/N felt an unwanted stab of guilt. Was it wrong for her to keep hiding secrets?

"You two should go..." Y/N looked away from Yashiro.

"Alright!" Kou nodded, seemingly oblivious to the tension between the two girls. He hooked an arm around Yashiro and began to lead her to the exit.

Y/N ran a hand through her hair, half-relieved, half-guilt ridden. Although she intended to go home straight away, her legs carried her to the girls' bathroom.

"Y/N!" Hanako greeted warmly as soon as she came it. "How did it go?"

"I have to go home." Y/N said blatantly, eyes dilated in fear.

Hanako's smile instantly disappeared.

"Why?"

"The principal told me." The words came tumbling out of her mouth. She slowly settled beside him. "An organization is going to help me. I'll have to be there."

Hanako's worried frown slowly turned into one of understanding.

"Well, if that's the case..."

"But I don't want to."

The spirit tensed.

"Why not?"

"The last time I went there, she was sound asleep." Y/N went on slowly. "I know she'll be awake. And if she will...."

Y/N began to tremble from the overwhelming memories. They hadn't haunted her for a while now. Hanako sensed her change of demeanor and listened more closely.

"....what if she finds out what I've done?" Y/N croaked weakly. "Wh-what if she hurts me again?"

Tears began to well in Y/N's eyes. Hanako wasted no time in pulling her to an embrace.

He was about to comfort her, when she tried to pull away from the hug.

"Y/N...?"

"I shouldn't be crying! I shouldn't be weak again! Not after you helped me!" Y/N cried, closing her eyes and hiding her tear-streaked face in shame. "I've got to make my friends happy... Yashiro and Kou and-"

"Cry." Hanako murmured, pressing her closer and nestling his head on hers.

"Hanako-kun!"