The end of the beginning

Ruby woke up in her room at the patch.

Ruby: Huh… what happened.

Taiyang walks in and places down a small laundry basket, and he notices Ruby had woken up.

Tai: Ruby! Summer! Qrow! She's awake!

Summer, and Qrow quickly made their way upstairs, and burst into Ruby's room.

Ruby: EEP!!

Summer hugs her daughter extremely tight.

Summer: Thank oum you're okay! 

Qrow: Yeah kid, we were starting to get worried.

Ruby: What? Why what happened? 

Tai: Apparently you passed out on the bullhead, the doctor said it was either due to shock or exhaustion.

Ruby: ..  where is everyone?

Summer: Blake went back to Menagerie with Astrid and Her mother. Weiss's father made her go back to Atlas, and Yang is in bed right now. As for the others…

Tai: The teachers, Ozpin, and Amber are clearing Vale of Grimm, since Ghidorah moved somewhere else. Ozpin went missing somehow, Cinder told me when they were dealing with the Grimm, multiple weird snake like monster with two legs attacked them, they were able to deal with it but Ozpin went missing during the battle. Team JNPR is fine, they visited you and Yang yesterday. They've been staying at a motel for now. But team GAMM...

Qrow: Maria went back to her village near Mistral, Anna Ghi went back to Atlas as well to help Atlas with Mantle. And Miya she's… somewhere.

Ruby: Somewhere?

Summer: Sweety… Miya just left. She got in a fight with the others and left. I don't know where… but she ran away.

Ruby: … Where's Goji? I remember him staying back, but he joined the teachers right?

The three adults were silent, Tai gets up and leaves the room, while Summer began to tear up… she started to breakdown fell to her knees and cry on the side of Ruby's bed. Qrow patted her back and looked at a concerned and obviously worried Ruby.

Qrow: Listen kid… there's no easy way to say this… but Gojira lost… and he's been missing ever since.

Ruby: W-What do you mean by lost?

Qrow: He fought King Ghidorah… and he lost, he was dropped from the sky. After that, Kaijus began to pop up doing Ghidorah's bidding… according to legend, that could only happen if you're king… and in order to be a king, you must either be the son of the king… or kill the king. I'm sorry… but he's gone. Not even Maria was able to sense him.

Ruby's eyes widened, tears began to flow down her face. Summer hugs her daughter as Ruby lost her first and only lover, while Summer lost someone she considered her son.

Short timeskip

Ruby walked up to Yang's room. She knocked on the door slowly. She walked in to see Yang sitting at her bed looking outside the window.

Ruby: Hey Yang…

Yang: Hey rubes… So they told you?

Ruby: About Goji?

Yang slowly nods.

Ruby: I… I'm gonna go with JNPR to look for him.

Yang: Ruby…