꧁1꧂

𝕋ime

𝕋ime

What a precious thing. You don't realize how little time someone has once they're gone. I seem to now understand why people say time is a thief.

Time is always slipping through my fingers during the moments I wish it wouldn't.

The shore has always been my safe haven...

Feeling the water touch my toes always sends blissful shivers through my body.

It's that ocean breeze that puts my mind at ease, not only that but the rhythm of the waves bring a smile to my face.

But of course, short lived.

"Miss Nanami, your father is waiting for you and you know he doesn't like to be kept waiting."

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I tilt my head to see the man himself. "Must you always ruin the moment."

He shrugged, "If it were me, I'd let you stay but you know the rules."

I stood up with one hand while dusting off the sand from my shorts as the other held my sandals.

Oh yes, wonderful rule number eighty nine 'no stepping outside the lair premises during free time.'

Before walking towards the dark vehicle, I gave one last long mesmerizing look at the shore.

The ride was quiet, leaving my thoughts to wander.
Gee, I wonder what my father has in store for me today.

I watched through the window as the buildings passed by quickly, examining all the details that the town provided. I was very observant.

Seeing the vibrant urban city quickly transition into to a ghost town always astonished to me. Like there was a fine line between good and evil.

To be less dramatic it was basically the good part of town and the bad part of town. A town filled with dangerous criminals yet a not so high crime rate.

Feeling the engine stop I looked over at the driver as he gave me a blank expression instructed me to get cleaned up.

"Ya know, it wouldn't kill you to smile once and a while Kazuki."

"I'll keep that in mind, Miss Nanami." Kazuki spoke with a monotone voice.

I smile to myself seeing him drive off. That man is so sick of me. I chuckled to myself.

I slowly made my way to the rusty old building. Pretty deceiving actually. On the outside, it looked like this rundown place, abandoned for years. However, inside it looked completely modern and new.