꧁23꧂

5 Years Later

5 Years Later

They say patience is a virtue, but impatience gets things done.

I look at the time on my phone, internally groaning at the fact that it's already 8:30 pm. I'd rather be in bed watching Netflix while snacking on some popcorn but no...I'm food shopping.

Food shopping isn't my forte, I always end up buying more then necessary. Not to mention, the old woman who's scanning the food is drastically slow.

I shift my arms a bit, the heavy weight of this basket is killing my arms. But that's my fault for buying more then what's necessary...

This is why it's a bad idea to go food shopping when you're hungry.

Looking down at my list I felt satisfied with everything and proceeded to wait in the checkout aisle.

I felt at peace until I look up at the little television to see the news. My heart felt a bit heavy.

"All might yet again saves anoth-" I automatically plugged in my earphones trying to tune out the news.

It's embarrassing to say that I still think about him...it's kind of hard not to nowadays since he's on the news constantly saving someone.

I caught this habit of bring my earphone everywhere to avoid hearing the news or seeing him anywhere.

But for some reason, lately I've been seeing him more and more on television and overhearing citizens praise him.

He did it though...he got what he wanted. He's the #1 Hero in Japan, in the world possibly.

I'm pretty sure he's still in America. Regardless, the more popular he got, the more I hid in the dark.

I won't lie and say it doesn't hurt...but I just need to suck it up and swallow it like a big ass Nyquil pill.

Even after 4 years, I can't believe I was able to escape my father. But I lost my identity in the process...

"Next in line!" The cashier shouted with a slight hand raise.

I nod my head while bringing the basket on the counter. Quietly I watched her scan the food and pack it away. My thoughts continue to wonder.

He lives a more glamour lifestyle while I live a normal lifestyle as a regular twenty-three-year-old civilian in Japan.

With a fake identity of course and a job as a medical technician soon after everything had happened.

Things are pretty good in my life. I enjoy having a job that keeps me on my feet constantly. I have an awesome best friend and a great boyfriend...

Tonight was s'mores night with my bestie. After paying for the food I walk over to my car putting the groceries away in the trunk.