꧁8꧂

𝕋hinking

𝕋hinking

I've been doing it a lot lately. Thinking about how I am going to deal with these feelings I have about Toshi. Thinking about my dreams. Thinking about what my father would think...

All this thinking is giving me an entire headache. Why couldn't life be easy?

My father is coming back in two and a half weeks. I gripped my pencil tightly thinking about.

"Alright students. I must inform you all that the sports festival is coming up soon. Prepare yourself, this is a big moment for you future heroes!" Mr. Torino announced.

"This is so exciting!!!" Toshi said gripping his seat. I giggled at his excitement.

"I will see you all tomorrow!" Mr. Torino said erasing the work on the chalkboard.

Packing up my stuff I see Rei walking towards me. "Hey Nanami!" She said giving me a quick hug.

"Hi Rei" I said putting my backpack on. "Can we talk for a sec?" She asked nervously.

"...yea sure. Want to talk at my locker?" I asked. "Yup! That's perfect!" She nodded.

"Okay, bye Toshi!" I waved while exiting the door. He gave me a smile and waved back, then continued talking to his classmates.

We made it to my locker and I opened it. Putting my stuff away I ask. "So, what's up?"

"Well...I um...I...don't know how to say this" She said fiddling with her fingers.

Putting my last book away, my attention was all hers. "Don't be nervous!" I said with a genuine smile. She took a deep breath.

"I like...someone" She whispered so lightly I could barely hear it. My smile grew. Surprisingly this is my first time having 'boy talk', with another girl.

"OoOoOo, who is it?" I ask excitedly. "Well..." She said blushing "Oh come on!" I said at the edge of my seat.

"I kind of have feelings for...Toshinori..." She said moving a piece of hair behind her ear.

At that moment I felt like my world came crashing down. She has feelings for...Toshinori. The excitement I had a moment ago vanished within thin air. I didn't know how to feel about this...

She's my friend. My best friend. I should be happy that she likes someone. Yet it was so hard for me to keep a smile on my face.

"...that's great." I said biting my lip. I swallowed hard. Maybe this is for the best. I should have known better, to think that me and him could have...something.

"Hey are you okay? You look like you saw a ghost." Rei said concerned. "Sorry, I'm fine! Toshi is a really great guy, good choice." I said holding myself together.

"He is isn't he..." She said slightly blushing. "I want to ask him out but I'm just so nervous..." Rei said clenching her arms.

"Don't be..." I said anxiously. "Hey guys!" Toshinori shouted walking towards us. "H-Hi Toshi" Rei said smiling with that sparkle in her eyes.