꧁19꧂

𝕄y heart sunk at the sound of that eerie voice

𝕄y heart sunk at the sound of that eerie voice. The lump in my throat made it even harder for me to speak.

Toshinori's first reaction was to step in front of me...always trying to protect me.

"No need to get hostile. Just a father trying to have a conversation with his daughter. What's so wrong about that..." My father grimaced.

Toshi didn't falter and stood his ground while my father's smug look didn't waver. The tension was heavy and I couldn't bear it.

"Now for the finale! Both from Class 3-A...Yagi Toshinori verse Todorki Enji!" Gran Torni announced proudly.

While the audience cheered in excitement, confusion falls on both Toshinori and me. Finale? But how...I haven't-

"Seeing how both of you are confused, let me explain. I merely spoke with an associate in charge of this event to have you removed out of the competition darling. We do have an emergency and must get home now..." He said darkly.

Spoke with someone huh...you've got to be joking...

"No. She not going anywhere with you." Toshi stretched out an arm in front of me in a protective manner.

I didn't know what to do yet I knew exactly what I needed to do. I'm so sorry Toshi, please forgive me.

Swallowing hard I reached up placing a hand on his shoulder without a sound.

He looked back at me with a concerned look. "Toshi please" My voice was hollow as my hand gripped his shoulder.

"...step aside," I spoke coldly as I lowered my gaze. I didn't have to look at him to see how shocked he was.

"Nami..." He fully turned his body towards me completely forgetting my father was behind him.

"Toshi...he will make a scene. I know you think he won't because people are here but...he will. Please...just let me go..." I spoke softy with a sad look.

"Wha-what if he hu-"

"He won't" I cut him off. "The crowds waiting for you Toshi...make me proud." I smiled half-heartedly feeling emotional.

"Nami bu-"

I'm surprised my father stood quiet, honestly, I didn't think I would have the balls to do this...

I reached up grabbing his neck pulling it down towards me kissing him silently.

Right then and there I let all my feelings out. I want to protect you...can't you see that...

It's scary loving you Toshi because you make me do things that sometimes I surprise myself.

Reluctantly, our lips slowly detached as I clenched my fist as he stood as stone.