002

Unaware of the mysterious note, Megan woke up the next morning without Peter by her side. He did crawl into bed after ripping up the note and pretending like it never happened, but he left the apartment without a word, at least that's what Megan thought.

"Good morning- oh." She sighed, then looked over at the note Peter left for her.

"Emergency at Avengers Tower. Blame Ned. Love you the most.

- Peter xx"

Megan of course understood that Peter's life couldn't be taken lightly anymore. He had a duty to serve, and it required sacrifices. If it meant that she couldn't wake up next to him sometimes, she was willing to accept it as long as Peter was well and breathing.

She got out of bed and went to get ready for school, dreading it every time she has classes. She continued telling herself that this was the steps she had to take to become a lawyer and one day it would all be worth it.

Megan wanted this for as long as she could remember, but the girl couldn't help but be exhausted every now and then from all the hard work. If she was still working at Sadie's she would be overloaded with stress, but thankfully she isn't. She already had enough stress constantly helping everyone out. Good thing Megan didn't have any superpowers.

She was in her final year of law school, so the stakes were incredibly high for her right now. Megan longed for the day of her graduation, but she would just have to be patient, which she wasn't really good at.

After getting ready, Megan grabbed her bag and books then headed off to class, still very much oblivious about the note left in their apartment last night.

•••

When Megan arrived to school, she was greeted by Betty, who got on her back about how they were going to be late. The two had a couple classes together, so they were always by each other's side whenever they could. Betty considered them "law school buddies" despite Megan wanting to be a lawyer and Betty wanting to be a judge, but it was cute regardless.

"Meg! We gotta hurry up!" Betty exclaimed. You know how Mr. Bryant is about students being late!"

"I know, I know." Megan groaned, letting Betty grab her hand and practically drag her to class. Even in high school, Betty was always pepped and ready to go. Some things never change, but things would be changing sooner than later.

The two girls entered class, noticing a different vibe than usual in the classroom. Everyone was quiet and looked glum, but Megan and Betty sat down like usual, trying to get through the day.

Megan noticed that Felicia, who she sat next to all the time, was absent, but she didn't think the odd vibe in the classroom was because of her. It was odd for her to miss a class, but Megan brushed it off and assumed she was sick or something.

"Alright, class." Mr. Bryant, their professor, said. "I know most of you saw the news this morning."

Saw the news? Megan hated the news. Of course she didn't bother to watch it, but what the hell was her professor talking about? It must've been serious since he wasn't acting like his chaotic self, so something was wrong.

"Our fellow student, Felicia Hardy, was brutally murdered last night." He announced, and Megan's jaw dropped. Felicia? Dead? Holy shit! She may have not been too fond of her because she always carried an attitude, but she never wished for her to die. It was like she was in the middle of a movie, but it was really just the insanity of her real life.