BONUS: ALTERNATE ENDING (PART 2)

i was feeling a little, uhm, adventurous and decided to post part two now instead of making y'all wait a week 🙈

also why not end this series frfr on my birthday?? we've come full circle!

don't forget to vote bitches x

•••

2 Weeks Later

Peter had never been in so much pain in his entire life. Sure, he's loved and lost many, but this was a type of pain he desperately wanted to go away. He didn't want to feel anything anymore, but all he could feel is the heartache from losing the love of his life.

Megan was everything to him. She was the missing piece to every puzzle. He saw her as his other half, and what was he supposed to do without her words of wisdom to make sense of everything? She effortlessly carried everybody on her shoulders without showing an ounce of tiredness. Actually, Megan carried the entire world on her shoulders, but she had to let it go.

Everyone's world had been turned upside down since her death. The day after Megan's death, Michelle turned in her badge, claiming she was done with a system that constantly failed in doing the right thing. She had decided she would find a new career path and that she would be dedicating her time to securing Megan's legacy. She felt as if Megan's story deserved to be told, and that her bravery should be something generations to come should admire. "There's always a little bit of Megan Jackson in everybody," she said to them, and she would continue to say that until people remembered her name.

The news of Megan's death was showcased on all of the news stations. Shockingly enough, J. Jonah Jameson, Spider-Man's biggest critic, had nice things to say about her and even wished those she knew the best through this difficult time. Enough those his words were kind, Peter didn't know if he would ever get through this "difficult" time. Hell, it was more than difficult. He couldn't even put it into words.

Peter had spent the days leading up to her funeral moping around the apartment they once shared, but today he was going to actually go out. It was the day before the funeral and there was one place he had to visit if he was going to go through with this.

Stepping out in a low-key disguise so people wouldn't pay attention to him, Peter stepped out onto the streets and walked for blocks before reaching his destination. Thankfully, he made it there unnoticed, but then again the area he was in currently wasn't a crowded one.

Peter entered a small gated area and met eyes with a shiny statue, one that resembled somebody that meant so much to him, Tony Stark. The very statue was built in memory of him after his death. The sun sparkling right onto its silver exterior could almost blind someone, but luckily for Peter, he was wearing sunglasses to conceal his identity.

He walked up to the statue, looking up at Tony's carved face. It was carved to perfection, resembling him exactly without a single mistake in its details. Peter took off his cap and held it close to his heart, just about ready to shed tears before he even got to speak, but he had to get through this. He had to speak these things out loud in hopes that someone would hear him.

"Hey, I, uh, I don't really remember the last time I came here to visit." Peter began. "Uh, sorry about that. It's been, ya know, too much. But listen, I need you to do me a favor, just one, I swear."

"You..." He paused. He couldn't even speak her name without wanting to cry now. "you remember Megan, right? I talked about her with you before, but, uh, can you take care of her for me? I know she was always strong, but I just need some reassurance that she'll be okay."