BONUS: ALTERNATE ENDING (PART 1)

um... hey?? it's been a while. i said i had planned on showcasing an alternate ending aka what would've happened if megan actually died, and now that i have written it, i'm showing it to you.

please note that both parts (yes, this is divided into two parts if it wasn't obvious enough) will be very dark and even unsettling for most people. i wanted to be as realistic as possible and i don't think that this is suitable for everybody. i advise that you don't go further if you feel that these chapters will be triggering. you may read this and think i'm overreacting, but one can never be too sure when they're covering the topic of death and the aftermath.

anyway, let's go on with the alternate ending to make me mental.

p.s. it's my birthday so don't go hard on me 🙈

oh and fucking vote tf this shit was hella difficult to write

•••

"Megan!"

Michelle screamed out at the top of her lungs and she ran across the street. Megan landed onto the ground, not moving a single inch and continued to lay there. There was no way she could survive these injuries, as she was broken everywhere, but she would fight until her last breath to have one last moment.

She ran up to her, crouching down and gently lifting up her body so she could place her on her lap. "Megan! Oh my god, what did he do to you?"

"Meg! Honey!" Peter yelled out as he landed onto the ground, then noticing Michelle with Megan, praying Megan would be okay. "MJ!"

"Peter!" She replied, then handed over Megan to Peter, whose eyes were closed but was making incoherent sounds. She had to have been in pain, of course, she was, but Peter looked past that and just prayed that she would be okay.

"Hey, hey." He whispered, holding her head with one hand and placing his other hand on her back to hold her up.

"Did I do it?" Megan said faintly, much to their surprise. "Was I... was I good enough?"

It pained both of them that that was the first thing Megan muttered after such a nasty fall. It was all she wanted for the longest time, and Michelle felt that giving her that validation would be satisfying enough. "More than enough. You did everything just right."

"Come on, let's get you up." Peter said, completely in denial.

"She can't move." Michelle interrupted, trying to hold back tears as she spoke. "Most if not all of her bones are probably broken."

"What? No." He shook his head. "Come on, it's gonna be okay."

"Peter-"

"Stop it, MJ." Peter cut her off then turned his attention back to Megan whose eyes remained closed. She didn't have the energy to open them anymore. "Hey, look, we're gonna get you up and you're gonna be okay. We're gonna... we're gonna be together forever."

"No." Megan whispered.

"We were gonna get married!" He exclaimed. "I was gonna propose! I-"

"Make it... stop." She interrupted, losing more will to speak.

To be honest, Megan was in pain. It hurt to move, it hurt to open her eyes, it hurt to even talk. She just wanted it all to be over, but how could she leave them like this? To Peter, it was the ultimate betrayal. But to her, it was her rightful end after everything she's endured. This life took a toll on her, and she hid it well, but there was no point in hiding anymore. She deserved to rest, even if it was permanently.