A New School Year

3RD PERSON'S POV

A lone girl walked through the Seabrook schoolyard. She had dark skin, black hair and dark brown eyes. Her arms covered by a long-sleeved, pale pink turtleneck, a darker shade of pale pink jeans and matching sneakers. A small bulge could be seen under her shirt. Waverly pressed her hand over it and took a deep breath. She had pink gloves covering her hands. She looked up at the school. "This is it." Waverly muttered, "It has to be." Waverly tightened her grip on her bag, tensing her shoulders as she marched into the school. She spared a glance at the green-haired Zombies on the other side of the fence, pressing her lips together before disappearing behind the Human entrance of Seabrook High.

WAVERLY'S POV

I ascended the stairs of the school, behind the school's star, Bucky. From my research of this place, he was the Head Cheerleader. Eugh, cheerleading. Not on my to-do list. "We can't let those Monsters change this town, cuz." Bucky said, "Ew." The blonde next to him was easy to recognise. Her name was Addison Wells. Her Mother is the Mayor, and her father was the head of Zombie Patrol.

"They're just going to school like us." Addison argued.

"'Like Us'?" Bucky repeated. "People love me, ok? I got jazz hands." Bucky did just that. I rolled my eyes, seriously? "Those freaks are nothing like us. They tried to eat our grandfather."

"It was just a small...bite."

"Cheer tryouts today, after school everybody!" Bucky declared, "Let's go Mighty Shrimp!" I stopped behind them.

"Go Bottom feeders!" A dark-skinned girl cheered, jumping over to us. Bucky rolled his eyes, him and his possie walking away. "Wait, you know...'cause shrimp...they eat the...waste of the ocean at the...at the bottom...no? Wooh! Go Seabrook!" The girl then turned to Addison and I. "Hi, I'm Bree. And I've always dreamed of being on the Cheer Squad, 'cause I really wanna be a flier! Tossed high in the sky..."

"Nice to meet you." Addison greeted, "I'm Addison. I love cheer too. Did you know that the creator of the wave-"

"Was from Seabrook?" The two chorused.

"Yes! That is so amazing!" Bree gushed, "I can't wait to try out for the Cheer Squad!"

"I will never understand the Human need to shake pom-poms while dancing." I spoke up. The two turned to me.

"How can you not love cheer?" Addison asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I never saw the appeal." I stuck my hand out, "I'm Waverly, by the way." I shook hands with the two girls in front of me, careful not to scratch them with my sharp nails. "So, I'm new to Seabrook in general, just moved here a little bit ago, care to tell me what the deal is with this school?" Addison and Bree both stood beside me, and the two gave me the rundown. Fitting in is easier than I thought. As the two talked, my eyes scanned everyone and everything around me. If She was here, we could find the thing we've been trying to find for years.