Pep Rally

I stood up the back of the Pep Rally, my arms crossed as I eyed everyone. I saw Zed and his Zombie friends enter the gym. "Zed!" I called, lifting one of my arms in a wave. Zed looked up at me. He pointed at himself, "Yeah you, anyone else named Zed here?" Zed looked between his friends, a tall male Zombie, and a shorter female Zombie. The female seemed to send him a look, but Zed looked to ignore it and climbed the stairs to me. "Hey." I greeted, sticking out my hand. Zed shook it, "Decided to come did you."

"Yeah." Zed replied, "Oh, this is Bonzo and Eliza."

"I'm Waverly." I offered my hand to the two. Eliza frowned and shook it reluctantly. Bonzo ignored my hand and wrapped me in a hug. I laughed, "Oh, you're a hugger!" I hugged him back. Bonzo set me back on my feet.

"I can't believe you dragged us out here to see Cheery McCheerstein." Eliza complained. "I'm gonna be sick. Do I look green? Greener than usual?"

"Trust me, I didn't want to be here either Za." I commented, crossing my arms again as we turned to the front, "Addison and Bree are like...my only friends. So..." I jumped when the stands started to cheer. "Oh, Goddess." The entire crowd was cheering for Bucky. There was a large picture of him hanging from the ceiling. Said black-haired boy burst through, doing his jazz hands. The picture fell, and revealed one behind it. I rolled my eyes.

"Welcome to the Seabrook High Cheer Rally!" Bucky cried. "It is gonna be a great year. We are gonna win the State Cheer Championship, again." Everyone cheered. Bonzo cheered in Zombie, it sounded like he was agreeing with the boy down the front.

"Eliza, Waverly, come on, ease up. Cheer's contagious." Zed said.

"So is pink eye." Eliza commented.

"And rabies." I added, peeking around the female Zombie to stare at Zed. "Rabies are the worst." I reluctantly watched as the Cheer Squad performed. I then saw Bucky bring out sparklers. I tensed. Fire plus zombies equal bad.

"Don't worry about it." Zed assured, turning to Bonzo, who seemed to be on the verge of a freak-out. "A little fire's not gonna hurt us."

"Fire!" Bonzo shouted. Oh, I guess he did know a little bit of Human.

"Bud, it's gonna be fine. Don't worry." Bonzo pushed Zed, causing him to fall. Bonzo pushed his way through the crowd and ran out of the Gym, scattering the people who were gonna catch Addison. I watched as Zed pushed through the football team, throwing them across the room, and sliding on his knees to catch Addison. I let out a breath of relief.

"The Zombie saved her." Someone cried, and after that everyone started to cheer for Zed. I turned to Eliza with a raised eyebrow. She shrugged her shoulders.