Lightship Briefing

Chapter 34-Lightship Briefing

Back at the sub base we decided to make the emergency landing base on the asteroid known as Aulous our physical base. It was within easy space flight of the Veritalanian-Meridian. We would leave it to the last day then act. All Reeas and I had to do was look again into the light book to re-equip ourselves with the language, and other such things we needed to function near the meridian. The gravity will be awesome, I hear you say. That is why we are taking light suits, although the ship will be able to cope quite easily, Debra reassured me in her sultry voice. If I didn’t know better I could swear she was coming on to me. Reeas said it was my own mind that made Debra act like this! I suppose in a way, we sort of want the other sex to like us, so maybe that is what is happening?

Debra was now saying be careful when I just leave the ship! I will start to worry when she changes into a hologram to attract me, and then into a robot which she could also do easily. On a more serious note: we have to pass through the Ghost-Zone which it is a phenomenon. The Veritalanian-Civilization who is long dead has left their Guards to worry any Groveelions and any beings who stray too close to their space. It usually manifests itself as mental images and sounds that can drive people to do silly things such as jump out of the airlocks into space. I suppose it was mainly to trouble the Groveelions but it can affect other beings. That is why we have to make sure we don’t let anything happen to our friends from Amiron.

Now, you say, how can anyone be affected by the other side of the border, which is the Veritalanian-Meridian. Well, I can tell you we would be, but for the fact that we won’t be on that side of the border, but on the asteroid Aulous, which is a safe distance away from the meridian in the Humanoid Universe, so we won’t get pulled into it.

OK, now you students should be up to date with everything that has taken place so far, yes? Good. You can do a training exercise from the hologram room at the sub base on Earth. Don’t forget to upload your thought patterns.

OK, the day is here, we enter the ship, Debra says, ‘Hello, Dan, how are you?’

I feel she is again being a little too forward, as she has indeed made herself into a hologram! Yes, she is still on screen but now and again she steps out and walks up and down the console.

 I have to say she is very attractive, but as you know, she is just sensing my brain Pattern.

‘I am trying to concentrate, Debra.’ I said.

‘OK, Dan, but I am here if you want me.’

We got underway. I asked Debra to get us all the info from the lost ship over the last few years, I noticed that Tyren had lost her father just ten months ago, also she had lost her mother some years back. She is good learner, very quick on the uptake with a high consciousness.

The rest of the crew are on a sort of shift system with most of them in suspended animation, there are seven hundred and forty-three people on board, with many in long term storage; some of these were put into a permanent state of suspension because they were involved in a mutiny, yes, that’s right, they tried to take over the ship eighty two years ago. I suppose they got fed up when they realized they had an unknown time to spend on a lost ship.