Kallo and Reeas - part two

‘Don’t worry, my dear, it will take you a little time to acclimatize. I also can’t detect any sign of him, so we will move on to the next level. We won’t have any more trouble from the inmates.’

‘Why? How come you can control them so easily?’ I said.

‘I have control of these lower regions.’

‘Again, I ask you, how?’

‘Do you know the story of the fallen angel?’

‘Yes, I said, he was called Lucifer.’

‘Well, that was me!’

‘What?’ I said.

‘Yes, me, of course the story got mixed up quite a lot in the old days of Earth.’

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! But the more I thought about it the more it made sense.

‘You were a Guardian with Sionn about 3,500 years ago? I said.

‘Actually it was more like 4,500 years. Don’t forget, I was into dark side of things many years before Sionn found out. I thought I could even cheat Mannus, but I was wrong, come, all we have to do now is simply walk through the main-portal; it saves having to skulk in hidden gateways, eh?’

I don’t know why, but I am starting to actually like Kallo 2! We walked through to the next level without any trouble. I was starting to get used to the light, or darkness! Most of the beings on this level could not see us. But once, or twice we got funny looks from some entities.

‘Is this level also neutral?’ I said.

‘Yes, it is.’

‘Are there places that the people can go to worship around here?’ I said.

‘What?’ said Kallo.

‘I mean, are there any sort of shrines.’

‘I suppose so, but it might be to worship the Devil, why?’

‘Just let us find one.’ I said.

‘Alright, Reeas, but you might be disappointed. Kallo started to look at the people walking by.

‘What are you doing?’ I said.

‘I am looking at their auras; we need to find one with sufficient light to help us.’

‘Yes,’ I said, ‘what about that woman there?’ The woman was already looking at us with a curious stare. She was dressed in a sack like garment that looked like it was ready for the dump, but she had washed her face and hair. I could tell she was ready to move on; we walked over to her and I said, ‘Do you want to move nearer to the light?’

She looked at us with nervousness and said yes, I do, desperately.’

I then said, ‘Take us to the place where you pray, and we will help you.’

She said, ‘We can only pray in private, if we are found to be praying we are taken away.’

I said, ‘Is there anywhere that people go to pray together?’

‘Yes,’ she said, but it is forbidden!’

‘Just show us where it is. We will take care of you.’

We finally got to the shrine after much walking in circles. I could tell that the woman was wrestling with her inner demons, not knowing whether to go or stay. We finally arrived at the site. It was a sort of large mound of earth which I recognized as a barrow; an ancient earth mound that people used for spiritual use, and burial. In fact, there were several of them dotted about the place. The area reminded me of the bronze-age back on Earth.  I was fascinated to see people carrying things like shopping bags and umbrellas. Kallo could see I was intrigued.