Portal

Chapter 50-Portal

‘I will take a short break, Reeas. I need to meditate for a while.’ I felt the overpowering need to contact the higher power that I knew to be Mannus. I had no sooner begun to meditate when I found myself outside the ship! I couldn’t understand what happened; I was out of the body in space but not as I normally know it, something had happened, something bad. I also couldn’t get back to the ship.

For you Trainees: I am still sending my thoughts to the database. I have to say it was scary, I was in the spiritual body or astral body, so I knew my physical body was back on the ship, but I was here through no fault of my own. The only explanation I could think of is when I went into meditation whatever happened on the ship happened, and that probably was the doing of Kallo’s apprentice, all I could do was to try and contact Sionn or Mannus. I tried to keep calm. I went back into meditation. I became aware on a beautiful mountain top somewhere on the inner planes. Mannus was looking his usual calm self, he pointed to the Right; a door appeared and two seconds later Grenwer came through it. ‘Dan, your ship has triggered a Retraction-Beam and has been transferred to the worm-hole at Junction TA63457.’

‘No!’ I screamed. ‘That’s Dark-Space!’

‘Yes,’ he said, ‘at the moment, it is Dark-Space, but we are working to correct that.’

‘But it could take ages to access it, my Reeas, is in there and Deria.’

‘Dan, you must think of the whole picture. At the moment Kallo’s apprentice is decimating numerous worlds.’

‘To hell with Kallo.’ I said, ‘I am just a single person. What do you people want of me?’

‘We want you to become a Guardian.’ Grenwer said, looking a bit confused. I felt like a fool again but I also felt angry at the same time, I looked back at Mannus. He looked different, he was actually smiling! Grenwer said, ‘You will have to go to Theren 1 to locate the fleet.’

‘OK,’ I said, ‘but I need some help.’

‘Yes, you can take Deria 2 with you she is Deria’s sister, as you know, and also a Guardian. Sorry we don’t have anyone else with the same expertise as Reeas, but I feel sure you will succeed. I myself cannot go with you as my consciousness won’t allow it, but Deria 2 has special powers, as you know. She will meet you at Theren 1. You can then shift your consciousness into a clone of yourself which is already at the base there. Don’t forget your light suit. Good luck.’ Good luck? This was something Guardians didn’t usually say, in fact, never said. In the next instant I was back in space and totally alone. OK, I thought, If Kallo wants to play it rough then I will oblige.

Getting to Theren 1 was easy; all I had to do was simply make my way to it from the space library files that I had accessed from Debra. I became aware of the devastation from my outer space from the astral equivalent of Theren 1. Whole cities wiped out, don’t forget students, this is the astral world, but also, there is a physical world planet of the exact same thing, so the devastation is just as bad. I could transfer into any plane, but for now I just simply located the fleet from news broadcasts from Theren1 and 2.

I found it easy to transfer my consciousness into my clone at the physical world sub base of Theren 1 I then put on my light suit. Deria 2 said she would use a light suit also. I was struck by how much alike were Deria’s 1 and 2; and how beautiful they were. We held hands for a few minutes to balance our minds. All we had to do now was use our light suits to get to the android fleet. You can imagine my student friends that I was feeling like superman at this time. I pushed my way into the lead ship.

Can you imagine the power of the light suit? I felt like a ghost as I wandered up and down the giant corridors which are empty! I was, as you know, invisible.

I was also wondering where all the androids were, of course they were stored away at the moment waiting to be activated when they got to Earth. The lead ship was also out of the actual battle zone, and was simply directing the chaos that was happening on the planets below. Well, my ex-Guardian bad man, I am going to put paid to that, although I haven’t got my friend Cloft here, I still feel angry. Let me see if I can start a little trouble. I now knew where the android leader was, no, my friends, he wasn’t on the bridge. He was with other fellow workers going about in a scary methodical non-caring way giving orders to kill everyone. They also planned to return later after terminating Earth!

OK, android killers, let me see what I can do for you! I found it relatively easy to transfer into the leader by touching him, or it, behind the neck. I also knew Deria 2 had entered into the second ship with orders to locate Kallo’s apprentice. I gained control of the central computer. Then I disabled the defense shields on all the android craft and simply ordered it to fire on their own ships. I didn’t just want to shut them down, I wanted them to die.

The first volley of laser-cannon destroyed a ship instantly, and then the other ships started to fire at each other. It didn’t take long to finish the battle. Deria2 sent me a message. Kallo’s apprentice was trying to escape in a shuttle cruiser, yes; the apprentice was leaving his fleet, unlike a Captain eh? I simply trained all cannon which were still in operation on him and blasted him out of existence, although I knew he would be back. I didn’t dwell too much on it at that time. All I could think about was my lovely Reeas, and Deria stuck in a hell hole of a place.