Chapter Eleven

The three women sat down on the sofa that sat in front of the marble coffee table at Rui's living room. Rui held onto her mug full of black coffee, while Seul held a plastic cup of milk tea with her hand, and (Y/N) set her can of thai tea down.

"Anyways, how did that double date of both of you go?" Rui asked.

"Bad." Both of the girls said in unison. Before they turned their heads to each other, the women laughed.

"The guy just wasn't my type." Seul shrugged her shoulders.

"It turned out that Jinho had a girlfriend."

"Well then..." Rui drank her black coffee. "I feel like the men always attracted to you are cheaters. Your ex-fiance, he cheated on you with his coworker... correct?"

Sometimes, I wish that man would completely get out of my life...

(Y/N) pondered why the men she brought into her life always had bad intentions. She didn't see herself as a completely bad person, and thought she held some good qualities. Seul nudged her, and would then hug her arm tightly.

"(Y/N), you deserve so much better." Seul pouted, "Your ex-fiance Takane is just an asshole. He acted like such an old man too in high school!"

"Remember that time in high school when Seul used to have a crush on our english teacher?" Rui asked, "I remember Seul made him chocolates for Valentine's Day? That girl was obsessed."

(Y/N) snorted.

"How could I forget? I remember how Seul would stay behind class to help clean the classroom after school."

Seul puffed up her cheeks in frustration. She did not like the idea of her from her high school days, since she was obsessed with their old english teacher. Seul continued to drink her milk tea, while looking away from the two women. As they began to reminase themselves back to their high school days. (Y/N) loved this. She loved how she was still close to her best friends from high school, since she feared the day the three would eventually drift apart from one another. Then again, there was a time where (Y/N) was distant from the two. The time she was engaged with her ex-fiance.

- T I M E -

Yeong-gi watched the clock, and a sigh escaped his lips. The young man found himself bored again in the office. He waited in Kousuke's office, while he was out getting food. He didn't like the idea of being there, since he felt awkward to be around Kousuke and the office was not really a fun place to him. Still, he had to and was obligated to work there for his father. It was always the same boring thing, and Yeong-gi grew tired of all the people he met there. They were all the same.

His friends kept him going. Dieter, Soushi, and... (Y/N). He felt strange whenever he thought about her, since the date she went on. He found himself to text her less, and he knew something was wrong. Bang, bang, bang! Someone knocked on the door loudly. Yeong-gi groaned, before he stood up from the sofa and wandered over to the door.

"Okay, I'm coming!" He opened the door. "One knock would have been fine. What do you want- oh you're not Kousuke..." Yeong-gi blinked at the man who stood in front of him. The man had a sharp facial expression and looked slightly disappointed. He had pale skin, light blue eyes, and blonde hair with a low fade.

"Oh shoot, I thought you were someone else." Yeong-gi rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. The man looked around behind him, as he saw Kousuke nowhere in sight. He observed Yeong-gi, as his eyes widened and he snapped.

"Aren't you the other Hirahara guy? Kousuke's brother?"

"It's Yeong-gi..."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm the son of Mr. Kim, Sang-chul. How does it feel to have a girlfriend who's a successful idol?"

"It's like dating anyone else."

"Damn, I'm jealous! It's so hard dating an idol nowadays,so how did you do it? For real, I would want to date a smoking hot idol too!"

Yeong-gi felt awkward with the presence of the man. He did not want to say anything back to this man, since he did not want any tension between others who worked with his father. Still, the guy just made him want to walk away- yet he could not. Instead he would be forced to stay there, until Kousuke would return. What is taking him so long anyways... Yeong-gi pondered. While Sang-chul began to ramble on about how he could get such a beautiful girlfriend.

"Hey you haven't said anything."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Yeong-gi turned his head back to him.

"As her boyfriend, shouldn't you tell me to shut up? Wow, how boring..." He yawned. He patted his back. "Hey, I was only joking around with you. You shouldn't be so tense."

"Sang-chul, do you need something?" Kousuke asked.

"Took you long enough, I just wanted to chat with you about something."

The two would discuss how Sang-chul was going to be out for a bit and would need some help with his work. Yeong-gi stood off to the side, lost in his thoughts. He did not take much interest in the conversation then again, he was not that attached to that kind of work as well.

"Hope to see you at the formal party." Sang-chul smiled. He took his leave, and Kousuke handed him his bag of fried chicken.

"I hope you did not say anything negative to Sang-chul. I would recommend that you try to get along with him, considering that he is one of the family's business partners."

"I know..."

  - T I M E -

(Y/N) found herself in bed again, unable to fall asleep. She knew Yeong-gi would probably be awake at such a late hour, but since then... She did not want to bother him as much. That talk with Kousuke also came to mind, how she should not get too close with him and that it would harm his reputation. She also wanted to know more about him. Yes, she was his friend and all... but she did not know everything about him. Why did he dislike Kousuke? What was he like in school? What's his relationship with the rest of his family? This whole time... she always felt like she was dragging her problems to him without asking about his problems. Yet, what was happening with her? Beside that, Yeong-gi has a girlfriend. Is he handsome? Yes. He did have tousled ginger hair, thick eyebrows, freckles, and green eyes. He made her feel good to be herself, unlike how she would be with others.

(Y/N) knew the way she was thinking was of that of a main protagonist from a drama. Her life in fact, was not one of those dramas. It wasn't like she had another man in her life trying to grab her love and affection. She never had a good relationship with anyone her age, nor did she have a good male friend in her life besides Yeong-gi. (Y/N) decided to write her feelings out, considering she was indeed a writer and needed to take her emotions out somewhere. Other than in her bed, which would keep her up for long hours of the night.

Author's note:
Hi guys, I wanted to introduce Sang-chul in this chapter. Also I wanted to give the push towards the backstory of the MC in this as well. Since the next chapter is going to just be about her backstory. I apologize there wasn't that much interaction between the MC and Yeong-gi in this chapter. Also I might work on another story with Dieter. Anyways, thank you for reading and leave a star then a comment for more!