Chapter 13

POV: 3rd person
Timeline: Present

TW: implied bullying, implied death, crying, feeling of emotions being fake, the feeling of emptiness

"What?" Virgil said, confused. His mom looked at him, a sad smile forming on her natural pink lips. "Growing up, your father never had a great childhood. You would think that having such an ability is amazing, but it isn't. Everyone bullied him, they were jealous of that ability, it helped him when he studies and he would get the top scores everytime."

Virgil smiled but frowned at the bullying part. "Why? How about his parents?" He said. "He was an orphan. Of course he remembers them very clearly. He told me that he remembered how his parents died. They were burned in a house fire, and he was only 3. He had nightmares about that everynight. You can understand why he gets bullied right?" His mother asked. Virgil nods sadly. He could only imagine what kind of words they tell his father.

Poor orphan boy!

Only smart because of that dumb power!

You don't deserve that! It should've been mine!

Orphan! Orphan! Orphan!

Maybe they died on purpose because you're so ugly.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

"He hated his power, he wished he would've gotten another one. No one wanted to be friends with him. Well, except for this one guy." She said. "What do you mean?" Virgil asked.

Pat overheard the conversation and floated to them curiously. He decided to listen in to the story.

"That guy was his only friend. He made sure that your father was always happy," she smiled. "They became best friends and would always hang out with each other. They stayed with each other until they finished school. When we met, he would talk about his friend with bright starry eyes. He was so happy hanging out with him. He would say that it was the best thing that's ever happened to him. Over time, we started hanging out more. In the end, we realized that we love each other. And the rest is history," she said.

"Ma, I didn't expect for Dad's story to turn into how you fell in love mom," Virgil snickered. His mother laughed, it sounded like a melody to him, and ruffled his hair.

Meanwhile, Pat felt an ache in his chest. He thought the story felt so familiar. Too familiar. He wanted to know why. However, he merely shook it off for now, he was kind of busy handling Virgil's anxiety as he exchanged emotions.

Pat wondered around Virgil's house, trying to shake off the anxiety bubbling in him. His chest tightened and he felt like he couldn't breathe, though he is technically dead. He looked at his shaking hands and wondered if he can control this Ability Virge had mentioned along with Mom (A/N he calls Virgil's mom that because he doesn't know much English yet, though he unknowingly gives nicknames to people) and Logie.

Virge's house was small so the ghost didnt get lost at all. Aside from the noise from the conversation Virge and Mom had, the house was quite quiet. The anxiety Pat had slowly bubbled away naturally since he doesn't have a soul to keep it in.