All In Due Time...

"Now that this is all settled, Greene may return to school in a week. All classes with Kodi will be temporarily switched and once all this tension dies down all will go back to normal." George Monroe-the acting dean of Everwood spoke whilst tapping his pen on his desk.

When the dean had called Greene's parents he had only made them aware a problem. No specific problem, Mr. Monroe had just requested they come to the school. Once at the school however Monroe realized how terribly out of proportion this situation could be blown in. So he told Greene's parents there was a mishap in the hallway. Nothing of a sexual assault was spoken of. Greene almost objected when he sat and told such a blatant lie. However it'd likely be for the best if her parents weren't notified of that accusation. Kodi however went from angry to sorrow ridden. Putting on a complete act for the brown haired female's parents. It made Greene sick that he could commit such a vile act then pretend to be sad yet sweet all in one. Greene's parents weren't naive though, they both equally saw right through the little brat. Clarke had seen kids like him all throughout his line of work, so had Adeline.

Greene heaved a sigh, while cracking her knuckles. No hidden meaning behind it, just a habit she sometimes acted upon. For no reason should she have to be out of school for one week. She had done absolutely nothing wrong. Aside from violate the dress code, which was only for her comfort and enter the boy's washroom. Which the administration likely had no knowledge of.

Greene knew somewhere in the back of her mind that her parents had already started contemplating a school switch. There weren't many places of high standard that she could attend in her very last year of school. It'd surely be too much to transfer again. All Greene wanted was to graduate peacefully. Perhaps if I had kept my insults to myself I could've done that, she thought. Her mouth always seemed to get her in trouble.

Greene's record was never squeaky clean. She went through a wild phase in her life that resulted in people around her being hurt. She has no real friends because of a silly stunt that turned all too deadly. Sure she had Jasper, but that was all really. After her accident her parents took her out of school. Put a tracker on her phone. She wasn't allowed to leave without a check in. She was in a bubble that she couldn't get out of. All because stupid choices, her friend group, herself. Greene knew she couldn't just blame everybody else for her own mishaps and wrong doings. The accident was on her and she would never be able to stop reminding herself of it.

Greene thought to her statement earlier, almost laughing in disgust at herself. She would "never hurt a soul" intentionally that is. Her parents knew the truth, her old friends knew the truth, she herself knew the truth. Greene tried her best to make up for the bad she did, but you can't bring a dead person back to life...can you?

This meeting had stirred up some feelings she long thought she repressed. She was doing just fine till Kodi had to go reminding her of why she held so much hatred for herself. She was doing just fine till he decided to push past her. She was doing just fine till he took her phone. She was doing just fine.

"Greene I'll see you in a week." Monroe's voice broke Greene from her thoughts. She looked up at him, her eyes holding resentment by its throat. He tried to offer her a smile. Greene stood from her seat. Her parents following. They exited Mr. Monroe's office without of goodbye or a second look to him or Kodi.

When they reached the car and Greene was successfully buckled up in the backseat. Her father revved the engine and drove off.

"Who was that Kodi character?" Her father questioned from the drivers seat. Greene wanted to punch something, anything would do at the moment.

"A rich kid with a chip on his shoulder." Greene muttered from the backseat as her eyes drifted to the scenery outside the window.

"Well if it makes you feel any better sweetheart, I know you would never hurt anyone." Adeline cooed softly turning slightly in her seat to place a loving hand on Greene's thigh. Her mother has always been a stickler for positivity. Greene gave her a nod and mustered up a smile. Her mind however drifted back to the past. The faint yells of her friends echoing at the back of her mind.

"Greene come on its not funny anymore. Greene come up its not fucking funny!"

The shouts sounded so far yet so near. She wanted to call out to them but she couldn't something was holding her back. She felt like she was continuously drifting more and more under. What, she didn't know. She was calm though. It felt nice, serene, heavy. There was a burning sensation in her lungs but the pain never felt so good.

"Aideen? Where the fuck is Aideen! Okay Greene it's time to stop kidding around. You're scaring us."

The voices were slurred and so far away. She couldn't get to them. She was floating away, going somewhere better.

Then nothingness came.

"Hey, hey, are you with me."

The light shined bright in her face as she slowly came to. "Welcome back, welcome back." She heard faintly. She thrashed around, where was she? What happened?

"Just relax okay, stay still for me." The voice softly spoke. Greene persisted, moving, searching. Why can she only see the light? What's happening.

"Addy? Addy?" She groaned persistently getting louder. Where was her friend? Greene started convulsing violently. "Addy!" She tried to scream with all her might.

Then darkness swept over her. She laid flat, still, unmoving.

Greene shook the painful memory away. She still couldn't remember every thing that happened. It was all bits and pieces. She tried putting them together but it made no sense.

"Drop me off at the cemetery." She spoke softly, allowing her eyes to close. Everything was becoming to much to handle. Another headache swept over her. Grabbing her up in its arms.