News...

"He has a brother, an older brother."

Jasper lunged forward off his small twin sized bed. His eyes widening in awe, "What do you mean...he has a brother?"

"I mean, we thought Kodi was a singular child. When in actuality he has an older brother we didn't know about. And to top it off, there are no signs of him anywhere in their home. I'm talking when I walked through and even down the hallway. All family photos and portraits included one child: Kodi."

"So what does this mean? How do we interpret it?"

Greene glanced off to the side in thought. This information could possibly be of use. In what way? That was unknown for now.

"What if he unlocks secrets for us? Ones that are advantageous to our cause. I mean I met him at the cemetery, the one where no one hardly goes. Perhaps there's something there, that we can use as leverage."

"You mean like a dead...person? And one we could use for gain?"

Greene's eyes shined in determination, a smirk ghosting over her features.

"Yes, Jasper. That's exactly what I mean."

"G-greene...are you sure you want to take it that far? I just want to crush his heart. Just not to the point he can't rebuild it, and shape it into something better. I want him to have a taste of his medicine, not push him someplace worse."

"Jasper~ oh sweet Jasper there's a bigger cause now. Bigger things at work—churning. Think back to when I told you about those schoolgirls. The ones pushed to suicide, and the others that just vanished. I think that's what V meant when he said Kodi was sus. So to destroy him, we need leverage. And ours lies in the cemetery six feet deep."

Jasper could only gaze at his friend. There was something dark in Greene's voice that he didn't quite like. It irked him to think about what thoughts could be carousing around her head. Each living it up and littering her brain with devilry. Jasper hoped to himself that all her pain and suffering wasn't pushing her to the line, that she could never un-walk.

"Greene I trust you, I just hope this doesn't get us in trouble."

"Oh it won't, Jasper. We'll do this swiftly, thoroughly, successfully. I'm tired of pretending to like him. I'm tired of those eyes of his, and those lips that continually pout. I'm tired of him attempting to be nice to me, yet trampling on everyone other than me."

Jasper squirmed in his seat. An uncomfortable thickness sat in the air. It was almost suffocating and it reminded him of impending death.

"What do we do first?"

"We go back to the cemetery, we can worry about the brother later. First we find the headstone, then we make the connection. Then we go from there."

"What if we uncover something bigger than we mean to?"

"Jasper...what's the worst that could happen?"

A/N: Hi all! Still implementing these short chapters. If you don't follow my other books then you likely missed the announcement. I will no longer be posting super long chapters, on the occasion they'll come and go. Depending on how I feel when I write. But for now, please enjoy this double update. And let me know what you think in the comments. [Lots of foreshadowing in this chapter ;) ]